I use the Revington ones as theyre model specific unlike most others, they take a little trimming out to make a good fit, I fit them with rivnuts so theyre easy to remove if required.

Stuart.

post-3753-0-61201800-1504619142_thumb.jpgpost-3753-0-12267600-1504619148_thumb.jpgpost-3753-0-02744400-1504619159_thumb.jpgpost-3753-0-66528700-1504619164_thumb.jpgpost-3753-0-42294100-1504619169_thumb.jpgpost-3753-0-53533700-1504619174_thumb.jpg

Hi Mike

I have Revington liners (expensive)   fitted to the 4A and work well.  They did take some trimming.

I have since bought a set of Honeybourne liners (more affordable)    for the TR4 but have not got round to fitting them yet.

Roger

I tried the Honeybourne ones, they didn't fit and I eventually got my money back. Revington ones fitted, not perfect but probably the best option

David 

Hi David,

that is a worry about the liners not fitting.

I have a set that I bought 2 or more years ago.  I probably should try and fir them.

Hi Chris

many owners have done their own thing.  My TR4 came with metal liners of a strange material.  Looks like mild steel but feels like light alloy.

These will be replaced with the usual fibre glass.

Roger 

9 hours ago, trchris said:

Has anyone tried to make their own ??
Chris

I did on a previous car, a Citroen Ami Super of 1974 vintage, but on that car only in the most vulnerable place.. behind the front wheel.  I used reinforced-rubber sheet, as you might see mudflaps made of to protect the bulkhead, chassis, steering rack and suspension (leading arm on the front of those, with laid horizontal springs and dampers).  The rubber sheet was thin enough (3mm if I recall) to follow the curvature and soft enough to seal against the original steel inner wheelarch.  

post-20151-0-23484000-1498035004.jpg.0b53f5d48c0e02c212a7b3d1af71f04e.jpg

^ a work-in-progress photo.  On the front LHS side of these cars ;  the exhaust pipe comes out of the engine bay sideways, into the under wheel arch void, before dropping down and turning inline to run alongside the chassis, along under the car.  Naturally that exhaust pipe was equally prone to tyre splash and corrosion, and so although it caused me to bulge the rubber liner around it in an unsightly manner, it's liner worked well. The RHS front wheel arch liner was much neater.  Of course, when the bolt-on wings were refitted, these mudguard liner were all but hidden out of sight. 

I've considered doing much the same, but fuller versions on my TR and the old Daimler too, I just haven't gotten around to doing them yet.

I also considered this rubber lessened tyre noise through the bulkhead into the car, but perhaps that was just wishful thinking ..with an air-cooled engine ..and the car's heater ducting around the exhaust manifold pipes. The car's thin metal was like a drum anyway, and its punt chassis likewise, sound deadening was a lost cause.

Pete

Edited by Bfg

Hi Pete

I was thinking along those lines also, perhaps using stainless steel L shaped brackets to hold in situ along the radius more thought is needed of course but I’m sure something can be fabricated 

Chris

Hi Chris, I used stainless penny-washers and set screws - wherever possible through existing holes / fastenings, but otherwise through pre-drilled and edge painted holes. As you can see, surprisingly few were needed.     Pete

I made my own stating with a cardboard to get a model, then made the liners out of stiff plastic I bought locally then riveted the liners to the wheel arch top, front and back

It means holes in the wheel arch which I know some people are cautious about.

Michael H

When I first fitted my Revington liners to the 4A  I used a couple of upholstery clips at the front and rear bottom edge.

The top was help in place with RTV silicone (or bathroom sealant)  worked well for 20 years.

Roger

18 hours ago, Bfg said:

I did on a previous car, a Citroen Ami Super of 1974 vintage, but on that car only in the most vulnerable place.. behind the front wheel.  I used reinforced-rubber sheet, as you might see mudflaps made of to protect the bulkhead, chassis, steering rack and suspension (leading arm on the front of those, with laid horizontal springs and dampers).  The rubber sheet was thin enough (3mm if I recall) to follow the curvature and soft enough to seal against the original steel inner wheelarch.  

post-20151-0-23484000-1498035004.jpg.0b53f5d48c0e02c212a7b3d1af71f04e.jpg

^ a work-in-progress photo.  On the front LHS side of these cars ;  the exhaust pipe comes out of the engine bay sideways, into the under wheel arch void, before dropping down and turning inline to run alongside the chassis, along under the car.  Naturally that exhaust pipe was equally prone to tyre splash and corrosion, and so although it caused me to bulge the rubber liner around it in an unsightly manner, it's liner worked well. The RHS front wheel arch liner was much neater.  Of course, when the bolt-on wings were refitted, these mudguard liner were all but hidden out of sight. 

I've considered doing much the same, but fuller versions on my TR and the old Daimler too, I just haven't gotten around to doing them yet.

I also considered this rubber lessened tyre noise through the bulkhead into the car, but perhaps that was just wishful thinking ..with an air-cooled engine ..and the car's heater ducting around the exhaust manifold pipes. The car's thin metal was like a drum anyway, and its punt chassis likewise, sound deadening was a lost cause.

Pete

Nice mod.

The current Ami electric quadracycle has a factory recall to fit the same sort of thing as wet is thrown up onto the door lock mechanism causing problems.

IMG_0864.jpeg