B737 Max - more problems

On 1/12/2024 at 9:53 AM, RogerH said:

In the mid 60' BEA teamed up with Smiths Industries to develope the 'auto land' system that everybody uses today.

It was so precise that the TRident aircraft (DH121) had to land apprx 6ft below the runway surface to ensure it actually sat on the ground

It was referred to as a controlled crash.  Given time and testing they refined it somewhat

I had visions of the airfield congested with TRident's hovering  around until they ran out of fuel.

Roger

Just to think BEA Tridents were replaced by B737-200 flying pigs.   The IAG which includes  BA have an option on 737 Max.  There’s fun.  Old habits die hard.   Proving BOAC ( Boeing Only Aircraft Company) still rule the the roost.

BOAC   -   Better On A Camel

TWA (RiP)    Try Walking Across

BEA   -   Britain's Excuse for an Airline.

LOTUS  -  Lot Of Trouble, Usually Serious

TRIUMPH   -   Terrible Rust In Usual Places - Help!!

IRS  -   Irreversible Rust Syndrome

RYANAIR  - really you aren't near, airport is remote. 

Edited by RobH

BA = Barely Acceptable

AA = Airborne Arogance

Oh dear, SNL released the new Alaska Airlines advert in the States last night:

Edited by Steve-B

I have had an update to an app on my iPad last night and it said they have added filters to avoid searches/results with MAX 8 and MAX 9 planes. That'll put the cat amongst the pidgeons possibly in Boing. Nothing like one of the world's most used travel apps giving customers choice to avoid a plane eh?

Oh, and the US FAA has put restrictions on the Max 7 thereby grounding them it appears too:https://aviationweek.com/air-transport/safety-ops-regulation/faa-faces-tough-choice-latest-737-7-exemption-request

Edited by Steve-B

... and it now appears this may not just be on the 737MAX.   The same door plug is fitted to the 737-900ER and their users have apparently found problems too. 

52 minutes ago, RobH said:

... and it now appears this may not just be on the 737MAX.   The same door plug is fitted to the 737-900ER  and their users have apparently found problems too. 

With all this scaremongering the above is aptly named   737-9  ooer missus

35 minutes ago, stillp said:

Too many "apparently" in his spiel, which lost even more credibility when he referred to his Patreon.

Pete

He is American.

What he said made sense.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the plane must be a Holy shrine...if this new defects article is true I'm even less interested in flying on one!!

• 1 month later...

Oh dear, it appears Boing has failed almost 1/2 the FAA audit which further raises concerns over their safety

They certainly didn’t come out of it very well did they, although 33 of 89 is much closer to a third than a half.  Having worked through more audits than I care to remember there are always nuances which are not very obvious in summarised reporting - I’d expect there were, and continue to be, some very interesting remediating activities underway.

……… Andy

Maybe there's safety in numbers. Concorde carries the prize for the most dangerous (western) design, measured as fatalities per total seating-capacity of the design.