rear inner wings 4 / 5

Has anyone tried the replacement panels ?

I see that they vary in price between suppliers so wonder in quality.

Rimmers have 2, one handmade . £250 and £350.  Moss£300

Have been told poor fitting and a lot of cutting and welding required to make fit.

Wondered if Bastuck made this part as there outer wings seem a good fit.

Views please 

Roy

Edited by roy53
  • roy53 changed the title to rear inner wings 4 / 5

As I replied to your PM that you didnt reply to the heritage ones do need altering at the front end. Ive not tried the Bastuck ones

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
1 hour ago, stuart said:

As I replied to your PM that you didnt reply to the heritage ones do need altering at the front end. Ive not tried the Bastuck ones

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart yes i did take on board your comments hence the mention of poor fitting and welding.

Replies re the Baskuck and hand made Rimmers ones may be interesting.

I have found that Bastuck do sell these panels. But as Mike posted they will not send to UK . Would like to know from the eu members if these fit well? 
Roy

Roy,

We have fitted several sets of the Bastuck ones, they are a good fit!!

Tom

Just fitting a pair of inners on my 5 from moss - so far so good!

1 hour ago, elclem1 said:

Just fitting a pair of inners on my 5 from moss - so far so good!

Are they Heritage or Bastuck? Black or red coloured or a sort of beige/grey?

Stuart.

On 10/31/2023 at 1:10 PM, roy53 said:

I have found that Bastuck do sell these panels. But as Mike posted they will not send to UK . Would like to know from the eu members if these fit well? 
Roy

I have bought Bastuck panels in the past and had them delivered. Is this the fallout from Brexit?

As above, I had a price and delivery cost to the uk, and when I went to order the part they told me they could only sent to a company, I looked at this as we can order this through our company but I felt that they were asking to meany questions about the company. I have just purchased a new wing from another supplier and it is the same colour as the Bastuck one so others could be getting them from Bastuck, it’s also looking a good on first fit.

Mike Redrose Group 

TR Shop supply the Bastuck panels as do TRGB and others. I suspect the problem with them supplying to individuals is the new VAT rules on import/export..

FWIW Be careful welding in the Bastuck panels as theyre High carbon steel and dont take well to MIG welding.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

These inner panels were delivered no paint on them so i had to etch prime them for the journey to France, I asked moss why and they relied "as they came from the supplier." Definately not bastuck ones they normally come in a beige colour I think?  

On 11/1/2023 at 3:46 PM, stuart said:

TR Shop supply the Bastuck panels as do TRGB and others. I suspect the problem with them supplying to individuals is the new VAT rules on import/export..

FWIW Be careful welding in the Bastuck panels as theyre High carbon steel and dont take well to MIG welding.

Stuart.

That’s correct Stuart, Companies can defer their VAT on imports, individuals have to pay. Also Customs will clear goods through an official business to business transaction with charges as per the agreed Brexit schedule rate.  For individuals it gets much more complex and costly, with many items delayed by weeks/ months. This of course being a Brexit Benefit. :-(