I sho know this but has any got a definitive photo of masked headlights for Continental driving.

Rember years ago on a Jonathan Bowles tri with. dozen TR’s in a line and half had them on one side and half on the other-left me in doubt ever since.

John

As has been pointed out, you should be blocking the reflected light from the opposite side of the headlamp. So for a RHD car in France it’s the RH of the lens that you block and for a LHD car in UK it’s the LH side of the lens. 

Rgds Ian

One used to be able to purchase from Halfords the necessary masking kits, which seemed to cover almost every make & model of car.

Just need to stick onto the lights when queuing to get onto the ferry, then remember to remove on return.

Ian Cornish

I have always used insulation tape and a blade to trim, both already in the tool box. The area to tape is marked in the lens (Halogen H4 conversion ) and as above, it is to the right of the lens in direction of travel, to the left as you look at it, photo attached

-2091975054_20150511_102916_5115142.jpg