never lend your car

Just back from a track weekend, i have learned a good lesson the hard way - never lend your car out for track laps :rolleyes:even to a best mate! 

IMG_0536.jpg

Ooops, hope he`s going to put his hand in his pocket for that one!

Stuart.

Blinkin heck Clem thats a hard and bitter pill to swallow!  As Stuart says I hope he is going to pay but all the unnecessary hassle involved is unwanted for sure!

Alan G

Oh dear, these kind of things are never pleasant when that happens, hope he pays out and at the end of the day, it is repairable..

Its repairable but it's the hassle of getting it repaired, lucky i have some French contacts in the business as it's an insurance job. c'est la vie! 

23 minutes ago, elclem1 said:

Its repairable but it's the hassle of getting it repaired, lucky i have some French contacts in the business as it's an insurance job. c'est la vie! 

Your car insurance covers Track day damage ! ??

Mick Richards

You can get track day insurance

but I’d want the mate to pay as if like here any claim goes against you. 

Actually it happened in the paddock after the session, using a van as a brake. You have to see the funny side of it, no-one was injured or killed,  but thankfully i have some fantastic french friends who calmed it all down and help me sort it all out.

I had track day insurance - for the track but the paddock is like counted as an Aldi car park! 

I doubt i'll be out of pocket, but i wasn't in the car, i heard the crunch and arrived 30 seconds later to calm the melee down. Lucky i am fluent in French and know lots of appropriate swear words to shock the  other people as they thought, like my friend who was driving, was a brit. When they found out it was actually my car they were a lot more sympathetic towards me at least.   

Yes Conrad same friend. 

Tom, Its a '73 on triple webers. I built it up and its a toy for hill climbs and track days -  I could repair it myself just waiting to see what the damage is in quote.

I do have pre photos I will have to find them though