TR's Touring - New Forest Area

Hi

Maybe planning for a bunch of us (10 cars ish) to come to the New Forest area for a few days, and wondered if you have any guides, ideas as to where to stay, TR friendly, and visits to make while there? I can find the obvious ie Beaulieu Motor museum, but the obvious can miss out special places that locals, or other visitors know about.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

john

Rhinefield Ornamental Drive worth doing

White Rose Hotel - Sway

Bucklers Hard Museum worth a visit

Technical issues - Southern Triumph Services in Bournemouth

Hi John, when are you there,   there is the Beaulieu International Autojumble. 

Conrad.

We have often stayed in The Balmer Lawn Hotel in The New Forest Brockenhurst, it has indoor and outdoor swimming pools and even takes dogs. It has a cricket pitch in front of the hotel and a stream beside it, I’m sure for an early group booking they may offer a special deal. It has a lovely aspect and atmosphere.

https://www.trivago.co.uk/en-GB/srl?themeId=600&search=100-865441&sem_keyword=balmer lawn new forest&sem_creativeid=638432003657&sem_matchtype=p&sem_network=g&sem_device=t&sem_placement=&sem_target=&sem_adposition=&sem_param1=&sem_param2=&sem_campaignid=11726965133&sem_adgroupid=114106130819&sem_targetid=kwd-338396328653&sem_location=9046085&cipc=sem&cip=4419000368&gbraid=0AAAAAD6-gN_Z5h7L7dYSa4vw8MP1VNFmz&gclid=CjwKCAjwrJ-hBhB7EiwAuyBVXblTj876jmm6z9dCuyYZWfH2R6Mm3gkx8DbRegh0pHrBfdEPd3pFihoC59gQAvD_BwE

AFCF0285-1FD9-4958-A7D6-442A90E51A7B.jpeg

Edited by SuzanneH
On 3/31/2023 at 2:56 PM, Lebro said:

Sammy Miller motorcycle museum is worth a visit, near New Milton. The Rising Sun Inn is a good pub / sleeping place

Bob

+1 for the extraordinary Sammy Miller mc museum

Get in touch with the Wessex Group, there are many routes we organised that always ended up at a pub…….^_^

Hi John

As one of the founder members of the Wessex Group in 1972 I could organise a trip around the New Forest taking in some interesting sites. I have lived in the area for over 60 years so know the Forest with all it's nooks and crannies. Always willing to help.

Accommodation wise, as said, try the Balmer Lawn,I don't think The Rising Sun in Bashley does not have any accommodation. The White Rose in Sway is good. On the budget side the Premier Inn in Hordle is OK and has The Three Bells pub next door. Elmers Court in Lymington is also one not to be missed. There are many hotels in the Forest just look on the internet for a list. I can let you know which is OK if you want. 

Sammy Millers is great,so is the Motor Museum ,even has a TR in it. There are lots of sites to keep everyone happy.

Cheers,

Gordon

4 hours ago, G Denson said:

Hi John

As one of the founder members of the Wessex Group in 1972 I could organise a trip around the New Forest taking in some interesting sites. I have lived in the area for over 60 years so know the Forest with all it's nooks and crannies. Always willing to help.

Accommodation wise, as said, try the Balmer Lawn,I don't think The Rising Sun in Bashley does not have any accommodation. The White Rose in Sway is good. On the budget side the Premier Inn in Hordle is OK and has The Three Bells pub next door. Elmers Court in Lymington is also one not to be missed. There are many hotels in the Forest just look on the internet for a list. I can let you know which is OK if you want. 

Sammy Millers is great,so is the Motor Museum ,even has a TR in it. There are lots of sites to keep everyone happy.

Cheers,

Gordon

Thanks Gordon

im just getting together details of numbers, and dates from our group. (the hotels seem to need that :D). As soon as I have that, I’ll contact you thanks.

John

Just an update

It seems one of our other members has booked for us to go to Norfolk, so thanks for all the input, It will be put to good use next year.

Gordon, i'll contact you later this year if thats OK. It does give us more time at least, to get something organised.

Thanks again all

John

• 10 months later...

As a refresh to this thread, Coventry group are touring the New Forest this june. woohoo !!

We're staying at the Forest Park Hotel, Brockenhurst.

Any updates on places to go etc are welcome

(Sammy Miller's and Beaulieu are on the list)

Thanks

John

A visit to Tudor Wheels at Cadnam would I'm sure be interesting but you had better check with the proprietor, Richard Skinner, if he is happy to cope with the numbers ( if any of you need wire wheels refurbishing, take them with you ( if you can fit them in!)).

The White Hart Cadnam is almost opposite and a good stop for lunch.

Cheers Rich