Can anyone tell me if there is a repair panel available for the bottom  of the rear wing, the section where it attaches to the sill/ B'post. I notice Rimmers offer one which appears to be just the section which wraps under the sill, mine needs to be a few inches longer which takes it part of the wheel arch. I'm sure this section could be repaired but difficult and time consuming to do. Thanks in advance for anybody's help. Mike

get another wing and cut out the part you need and weld?

3 hours ago, elclem1 said:

get another wing and cut out the part you need and weld?

Problem is thats where they all rot. Probably best to buy the repair piece and the make the rest up yourself. This gives a fair bit to start with. https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/body-chassis/body-panels/wing-repair-panels-tr4-5-53903.html

Stuart.

Stuart

I dont know you as we have never met or spoken. I've been a member of the TRRegister circa 2017, when I got my 5. All I wanted to say to you is that you are so helpful, informative and understanding with all your responses for help with TR5 matters. I know you are not alone in giving advice and there are some other really good contributors. But for me you stand out and this doesn't go unnoticed.

People like you and those other contributors make this forum a 'superb resource' for us TR5 owners.

Best wishes,

Mike

22 minutes ago, MikeThomas said:

Stuart

I dont know you as we have never met or spoken. I've been a member of the TRRegister circa 2017, when I got my 5. All I wanted to say to you is that you are so helpful, informative and understanding with all your responses for help with TR5 matters. I know you are not alone in giving advice and there are some other really good contributors. But for me you stand out and this doesn't go unnoticed.

People like you and those other contributors make this forum a 'superb resource' for us TR5 owners.

Best wishes,

Mike

Thanks Mike,good to know Im not talking to myself sometimes ;)

Stuart.

5 hours ago, MikeThomas said:

Stuart

Best wishes,

Mike

Well said and very true.

Niall

10 hours ago, MikeThomas said:

Stuart

Best wishes,

Mike

Not just 5’s …………

Tim

Many thanks for your comments and help, as mentioned by Elclem1 most of the secondhand wings are usually rotted out in the same area as mine. The wing I have fitted had a previous repair some 20 years ago and was showing signs of going again due to me using the car all year around including in bad weather. Now I have removed the wing it isn't actually to bad and is easily repairable. The rest of the wing is perfect and is an original stanpart fitted by myself and the previous owner some 40 years ago. Thanks again everyone for your help. Mike

Hi Mike,

would you have a photo or two?

Just curious as to effective repair , I've a TR4 and had in teh past the same problem.

up yo the first crease line, easy peasy, but then when the wing radiouses out to the wheelarch, very much more of  achallenge, and I've often wondered how to repair properly.

John.

11 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Hi Mike,

would you have a photo or two?

Just curious as to effective repair , I've a TR4 and had in teh past the same problem.

up yo the first crease line, easy peasy, but then when the wing radiouses out to the wheelarch, very much more of  achallenge, and I've often wondered how to repair properly.

John.

Ball pien hammer and part opened vice jaws or a sandbag is what you need.

Stuart.

Well said lads re Stuart's knowledge and helpfulness,  it's great that someone who actually does work on Trs is happy to pass on the Knowledge. 

Not sure about being Prime Minister though !!

Conrad.

On 3/29/2023 at 12:09 PM, MikeThomas said:

Stuart

Best wishes,

Mike

Agree whole heartedly. The man is a legend. Thank you Stuart.

1 hour ago, openroad said:

Not sure about being Prime Minister though !!

Conrad.

You wouldnt like my politics, somewhere to the left of Genghis Khan! ;):lol:

Stuart.