TR6 brake master cylinder lid

Hi everyone

I’m needing a brake master cylinder lid that I can adapt to use for a gunsons easy bleed kit. It seems to be a need on this forum that’s been raised before as they are so large.

Does anyone have any knocking about they want to sell?

Thanks

Tim

32 minutes ago, timpress said:

Hi everyone

I’m needing a brake master cylinder lid that I can adapt to use for a gunsons easy bleed kit. It seems to be a need on this forum that’s been raised before as they are so large.

Does anyone have any knocking about they want to sell?

Thanks

Tim

Yep with the gunson kit also two colour tunes pm me if interested 

In my experience the easybleed is a disaster. Once you've had the master cylinder cap blow off under pressure, you'll never use it again. If you struggle with the traditional tube, get a vacuum pump kit.

Jerry

I’m with Jerry.

Use a vacuum kit or the old fashioned pump it up an release, a 2 man job.

If you have Dot 5 silicon fluid then you can risk it, if you are on mineral fluid you risk spraying brake fluid (aka paint stripper) all over the place.

3 hours ago, jerrytr5 said:

In my experience the easybleed is a disaster. Once you've had the master cylinder cap blow off under pressure, you'll never use it again. If you struggle with the traditional tube, get a vacuum pump kit.

Jerry

Totally agree - I used one once, never again made a total mess!

Try the vacuum pump method.

Ive used the gunsons eezibleed quite a lot, the pressure must be below 10psi, 5 is enough, and then ot works great.

I've tied most of these methods over the years and keep coming back to the simplest and cheapest system.I got as a 'yoof' many many years ago!

A length of rubber tube blocked at one end with a rivet or a screw and a small slit in the hose to act as a valve.

Very simple but effective.

Cheers Neil