Pat Moss Healey for sale

It will be interesting to see the result……..

Quite a wide variance on the estimate, £350-£450K

Iain

Edited by iain

Been heavily restored by the looks of it. Still a lorry to drive compared to a TR.

Stuart.

1 minute ago, Kiwifrog said:

Looks a bit rough round the edges for that sort of money 

Obviously being an ex rally car then it would be, having restored quite a few of these Im of the opinion there isnt a huge amount of the original car there..

Stuart.

7 minutes ago, stuart said:

Obviously being an ex rally car then it would be, having restored quite a few of these Im of the opinion there isnt a huge amount of the original car there..

Stuart.

Hi Stuart

I agree but the paint in the door jambs looks poorly done, one of the windscreen securing bolts so long you could hang your coat on it when the door is open , the wrong type of screws holding the commission plate. I know they are little things, it’s a nice car but for an important car and expecting that sort of money the little things count.

I know you wouldn’t let such an important car leave your workshop like that 

cheers Alan 

11 minutes ago, Kiwifrog said:

Hi Stuart

I agree but the paint in the door jambs looks poorly done, one of the windscreen securing bolts so long you could hang your coat on it when the door is open , the wrong type of screws holding the commission plate. I know they are little things, it’s a nice car but for an important car and expecting that sort of money the little things count.

I know you wouldn’t let such an important car leave your workshop like that 

cheers Alan 

I noticed the disparity in the fasteners and a lot more ;)

Stuart.

3 hours ago, iain said:

It will be interesting to see the result……..

Quite a wide variance on the estimate, £350-£450K

Iain

That’s only a couple of bids Iain

however I’m not sure this will sell or if it does stay in the uk

1 hour ago, Hamish said:

That’s only a couple of bids Iain

however I’m not sure this will sell or if it does stay in the uk

I think it will sell, there’s plenty of interest in cars with provenance as evidenced by the results from last week with the Emma Peel / Avengers Elan fetching about £164K plus premium! 

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1966-lotus-elan-s3-rec12057-6-stoneleigh-0223

or less about provenance but about originality £560K plus premium for an RS500 Sierra! Bonkers

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1987-ford-sierra-rec12135-1-stoneleigh-0223

Edited by iain

Like Stuart Turner, who wrote an excellent book (Harnessing Horsepower) about Pat Moss's achievements on horses and in cars, particularly the brutish Big Healey, I have for years been full of awe and admiration for her achievements.

Pat smoked like a chimney, but I imagine the smell of tobacco will have removed from the car by now.

Ian Cornish

6 hours ago, stuart said:

Been heavily restored by the looks of it. Still a lorry to drive compared to a TR.

Stuart.

Such a relief to read that Stuart. I thought it was just me! 

Always loved the look of the big Healey and the idea of 6 cylinders. Couple of years ago I got the chance to drive a friends very expensive, late model as I was starting to seriously think about buying one. I was absolutely gutted. As you say, it drove like a lorry (or even a tank!). My humble 3A was so much better to drive. So got the wind up windows, better handling and 6 cylinders (as well as copious support here) by buying a 6 for way less money.

Miles

16 hours ago, MilesA said:

Such a relief to read that Stuart. I thought it was just me! 

Always loved the look of the big Healey and the idea of 6 cylinders. Couple of years ago I got the chance to drive a friends very expensive, late model as I was starting to seriously think about buying one. I was absolutely gutted. As you say, it drove like a lorry (or even a tank!). My humble 3A was so much better to drive. So got the wind up windows, better handling and 6 cylinders (as well as copious support here) by buying a 6 for way less money.

Miles

I had a very similar experience a few years ago. Found a lovely looking freshly restored late 3000 that I thought I wanted but it meant selling the 4A for funds. Decided to hire one for a day to see how I liked it & actually handed it back a little early as I was disappointed & could not bear to part with the TR! 

5 hours ago, Bill.P. said:

The 100/4 is the only one to have....much lighter, more nimble, goes just as well and looks a lot better than the 6 cylinder cars.....I've had 100/4s since 1970 alongside my TRs so know of what I speak......Bill P.

All right for you Bill but at 6`4" I struggle to fit in them though I agree theyre a better car than the later 3000.

Stuart.

Yes indeed, the Healey is a problem for anyone over 6ft I agree.....the Healey family were all short....Donald, whom I met on several occasions , was barely 5ft 6in....they designed the car around themselves! Roger Menadue, chief engineer on the 100 project, was no taller.....Bill