At the start of C-19 I voiced my opinion that mRNA vaccines are experimental and might pose unknown risks. Now, three years later the evidence is emerging that support my opinion.  The USA Centre for Disease Control failed to publish the data it had captured on adverse events following vaccinations against C-19. Under a FOIA demand these data were recently released and have been examined in depth by a emeritus prof of mathematics, Norman Fenton, who explains what the numbers mean in this video.  We can discuss whether the risk was worth it to the populations at large. However drug companies are now forging ahead with mRNA technology for cancers etc. This secretive behaviuor by CDC does not bode well for future safety assessments. Prof Fentons website and papers etc are below the video:         

https://wherearethenumbers.substack.com/p/how-the-cdc-looked-for-safety-signals

Peter

The problem I have with this Peter is that COVID was killing significant numbers of people and in my view, the 'do nothing' option was not a realistic option.

Personally I have had two AZ jabs, a Pfizer and a Moderna jab and have been happy with the protection they have provided.  Yes I have also had COVID but it was a relatively mild event.  I would add that I am 74 years old so well into the high risk age group.

My wife has had a similar number of jabs and she is someone with a compromised immune system such that she has imuno-globulin infusions on a regular basis (and has had them since 2007).  She has also had COVID and again it was a minor event.  I feel that she would not have been so fortunate if she hadn't been vaccinated.

Rgds Ian

As I understand it Pfizer was the mRNA covid vaccine

Others used a different approach . . . . . .unless of course, I am labouring under a misapprehension (it wouldn't be the first time)

1 hour ago, JohnG said:

Others used a different approach . . . . . .unless of course, I am labouring under a misapprehension (it wouldn't be the first time)

I think both Moderna and Pfizer use mRNA technology.

Rgds Ian

2 hours ago, JohnG said:

Pfizer and Moderna were mRNA the others conventional. All had some adverse reactions, the mRNAs appreciably more. What the numbers dont show is the absolute risk of adverse  reactions to an infection in the non-vaccinated. I suspect that the benefit would be very mcuh in favour of vaccination.

What concerns me greatly is the CDC was forced by a freedom of information law to release the data (about 1 month ago). The FOIA does not apply to drug companies raising concerns what they knew. mRNA tech is now being used to try to address cancers, Alzheimer's etc, even using nanotech to get mRNA inot the brain. Secrecy is a concern, hence  the title of the  thread Hidden Numbers.

Peter

40 minutes ago, Phil Read said:

Why the hell is this being discussed on a car club forum? It is not relevant to TRs. There are other platforms where people can raise their personal concerns. eg facebook, twitter etc.

This is the Social Scene . . . . A place on the club site where anything and everything can be and is, discussed

Excluding Alecs Inn, the rest of the site is dedicated to TR's

If you are unhappy with non TR discussions, give 'Social Scene' & 'Alecs Inn' a swerve

53 minutes ago, Phil Read said:

Why the hell is this being discussed on a car club forum?

A bit odd Phil, seeing as you yourself joined in on the Climate Change thread not 50 minutes ago. 

Last time I looked that wasn't about TRs either. <_<:D

If the mods want to kill the thread so be it, I wont make a fuss. I thought it pertinent to most TRers' interests, at least those who are not entirely convinced the virus has gone away.

I have had six jabs of vaccine of all types 

I am/was immune compromised.

I managed to avoid COVID until last month and hardly suffered at all 

I consider the vaccines at least reduced the affect of the virus possibly saving me from ???

I'm not sure but maybe the problem of the vaccines is that whilst they likely saved many they may have caused damage to a few but unfortunately not the same individuals 

Akin to the trolley dilemma  where if a remote operator does nothing 5 are killed but if he does change tracks 1 is killed but not one of the original 5

Chris

Ps 

I think discussion on these forums gives a different value to the responses as they are from a select bunch of like minded adults and should be allowed to continue 

19 hours ago, Phil Read said:

I enjoy stiring things. However my view is that a car club should be just that and all these non relevant discussions should be moderated out/deleted.

I would hope that you are on your own here Phil.  As has already been remarked, this is the Social Scene which is almost by definition is non TR related.

Rgds Ian

20 hours ago, Phil Read said:

Thats me. Isolated living in a cave far from habitation.

:wacko::D

On 2/1/2023 at 3:29 PM, Phil Read said:

I enjoy stiring things. However my view is that a car club should be just that and all these non relevant discussions should be moderated out/deleted.

Not a cat in hells chance of that. It took a lot of hard work to get social scene on to the forum for the many that asked for a non car related space to have a bit of fun with

8 hours ago, brian -r said:

Not a cat in hells chance of that. It took a lot of hard work to get social scene on to the forum for the many that asked for a non car related space to have a bit of fun with

And what we have in Social Scene and Alecs Inn is a poor reflection of what we had just three or four years

There are still some who would like to see the forum looking much like a 6 man meeting in the snug of a back street pub

4 hours ago, Charlie D said:

"Bint"  That's a good old english word I've not heard in a while.:D

I take it your reference to "good old English word" then only goes back to the end of the 19th Century...

Bint....

Borrowed from Arabic بِنْت‎ (bint, “girl, daughter”), from Proto-Semitic *bint-, used to denote a patronym.

The term entered the British lexicon during the occupation of Egypt at the end of the 19th century, where it was adopted by British soldiers to mean "girlfriend" or "bit on the side". Its register varies from that of the harsher bitch to being affectionate, the latter more commonly associated with the West Midlands. The term was used in British armed forces and the London area synonymously with bird in its slang usage (and sometimes brass) from at least the 1950s. (In the Tyneside shipping industry, particularly in Laygate, in South Shields, the term may have been adopted earlier, from the Yemeni community which had existed there since the 1890s.[1])

Like so many other words in the English language they are borrowed and purloined from around the world.

Mick Richards

37 minutes ago, Peter Cobbold said:

Totty ?

Peter,

“Totty” always reminds me of Terry Wogan who used to refer to the travel newsgirl, who came from near Cardiff , as “The travel totty from Splotty.”

For anyone who is not familiar with the word “Splott” (Most likely people from the South East of England) it really is the name of an area near Cardiff.

(Apologies for going off topic, but it is the sort of thing that easily happens in a social thread environment. All part of being “Sociable”, I guess.)

14 minutes ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

I take it your reference to "good old English word" then only goes back to the end of the 19th Century...

Mick,

I KNEW someone would pull me up on the fact that the word had it's origins in Arabic. (I did actually read Wikipedia before I wrote it).

I was refering to the fact that when I was a kid, in England, it was widely used, so, from PERSONAL memory, it was a "good old English word":P

I bet you are now going to tell me that "Splott" is not a "good old Welsh word."

Charlie.

1 hour ago, Charlie D said:

For anyone who is not familiar with the word “Splott” (Most likely people from the South East of England) it really is the name of an area near Cardiff.

No, it's an area IN Cardiff!

Pete

"I was refering to the fact that when I was a kid, in England, it was widely used, so, from PERSONAL memory, it was a "good old English word"

Perhaps it would have been better to have referred to it as "a word often used in my personal memory " and then it wouldn't have allowed pedants "are us" to enter the fray lol :P.

Happily Pete has corrected you regarding "Splott" being an area in Cardiff (pleased to share the duties Pete :D) ...incidentally when I was in Splott just before Christmas it was reported they were to shut their market this coming Spring 2023.