What are these wood blocks and where do they fit?

Just making sure all the metal trim pieces fit before applying the vinyl to them

In the box of pieces i have found these 2 wooden blocks which when i took the car apart 18 months ago  i marked Top Of B Post

Just cannot see where they go, the screws in them are wood screws not self tappers, don't appear to have any screw holes i cannot identify as likely fitting points

ANYONE ANY IDEA'S PLEASE

Regards Adrian

DSC_3622.JPG

screw to the inner quarter panel area to stop the aluminium capping crushing down.  The wood screw screws into a hole in the inner reinforcer. 

see photo

Peter W

block.jpg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
add photo

Thanks for the reminder. I remember taking these off my car years ago, but I know I forgot to re fit them.  Now,  where did I put them ???.

Ralph

6 hours ago, roger murray-evans said:

My early TR2 never had them, so presumably they were fitted when too

many cockpit cappings were being reported as being crushed.

I will retro fit a pair when completing my interior retrim.

As far as I know, there wasn't an Engineering Bulletin for them?

Roger M-E

They were fitted to both of mine, TS3732O and TS5038O. 

On both of mine they are fitted under the capping just behind the door, not up higher as in the photo. They are where the hand naturally goes when getting in and out of the car.

4 hours ago, John McCormack said:

On both of mine they are fitted under the capping just behind the door, not up higher as in the photo. They are where the hand naturally goes when getting in and out of the car.

Peter’s photo is correct for my1959 TR3a. 

Rgds Ian

6 hours ago, John McCormack said:

That isnt original fitting placement, the above picture posted by Peter W is correct for all cars.

Stuart.

This was mine (‘59 ‘3a admittedly) when I was fitting my hardtop brackets and found the original holes as my car was ordered with a hardtop.

1CBAA6BA-C9A8-4340-A363-85F4A9741F42.jpeg

1 hour ago, stuart said:

That isnt original fitting placement, the above picture posted by Peter W is correct for all cars.

Stuart.

Learn something new everyday.

10 hours ago, John McCormack said:

Sounds like a good place to have them if you have aluminium cappings in that position.

Peter W