Battery spec for 4A

Does the Yuasa YBX3069 look to be correct as per this link  from Tanya which in turn came from this Tanya web page with the tab set for standard batteries.  it’s 72Ah and 630 CCA and black, but under technology on the data sheet it says Ca/Ca which might mean calcium.

Paul

Edited by PaulAnderson

Yes that's a calcium battery Paul. 

You will find that a lead-acid battery with more than about 480 CCA is usually either a 'calcium' or AGM type. 

Edited by RobH

Both standard and calcium-plate batteries are of wet construction Colin.  The electrolyte is a free liquid as opposed to being absorbed in a mat as it is for AGM. 

Looking at their catalogue the Exide batteries do all seem to have higher currents and they don't list calcium at all.  Anything not AGM is listed as 'wet' which makes me wonder whether they are all calcium anyway,

Edited by RobH

I did, 10 x TR sized batteries got me £60, paid into my bank account direct (security making sure I didn't nick them !). When I kill a battery I stored it along the garage wall until enough to weigh in. Rough estimate go onto the markets and see what they are buying lead at and estimate what weight you've got, not exact but an idea.

Mick Richards