Morning everyone,

This is a weird one,my 1972 (USA) restoration is proceeding well,(not to mention rear hubs..jury's out).

My car has a PDWA in the brake pipe system,where it should be,.underneath where the servo sits.The problem is I dont have a warning light on the dash..only 'fasten seat belts'as can be seen from the grainy pic.I was assured by previous owner that had the car from new that nothing has been altered in that department and he wasnt aware that car was wired with a PDWA.

I could just remove it as I am converting piping to RHD.

Any thoughts?

Richard

post-13961-0-73354700-1489310012_thumb.jpg

Hello Richard, US TR's had a split hydraulic system, as I think European ones did too, but the PDWA was to notify the driver that a pressure difference was detected, I.e. One of the hydraulic systems had lost pressure, so only half of the wheels still had available braking. There is a warning light. If you can't get access to a manual or handbook, give me a shout and I'll try to copy the relevant bits in mine for you. S

Tay in touch, Austin

Hello Richard, US TR's had a split hydraulic system, as I think European ones did too, but the PDWA was to notify the driver that a pressure difference was detected, I.e. One of the hydraulic systems had lost pressure, so only half of the wheels still had available braking. There is a warning light. If you can't get access to a manual or handbook, give me a shout and I'll try to copy the relevant bits in mine for you. S

Tay in touch, Austin

Hi Austin.

I understand what the PDWA does but thing is where is the warning light on the dash.I have seen many cars with a seperate oblong warning light next to and same as the seat belt warning light but mine as can be seen from the pic only has the seat belt warning light. Or does the ignition light serve as the warning..bit confused at the mo.

Richard

Having looked at most of the uk dashboards,seems that none have the brake warning light so confirms really that it was a feature for the US market.

As it will be converted to a UK car and to rap this up I think I will omit the PDWA altogether and route the brake pipes to the right side and attach direct to the servo as UK spec.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Do you have two lights between the main gauges? The earlier TR6 has two lights and the RH light is the brake warning light.

Cheers

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

No I dont have 2 lights between the speedo and rev counter.I have just one oblong fasten 'seat belt' light in the middle bottom of dash. See pic on my opening post.

As you say there should be 2 oblong lights,one for seat belt and one for brake warning.

That is the mystery...The car has the factory PDWA linked in the pipe work which should link to a brake warning light but I dont have one.

Regards

Richard.

I think your going to need one of our American members to help here but I do seem to remember something about the warning for the PDWA being connected with the oil warning light at some time.

Stuart

Stag has the same, connects to oil low pressure warning light.

Mick Richards

Richard,

I have a pdwa switch too.

I have a small length of cable 150 mm or so) on my low pressure sensor, this could very well have been connected to rhe pdwa switch.

Cannot tell for sure, since engine is in parts.

Waldi

I found this in the TR5 wsm, hope it might help, seems it was only fitted to LHD cars.

attachicon.gifSCAN0079.JPG

Thats for the cars with the separate "Brake" warning light, in this case there is no extra light and it just illuminates the oil light.

Stuart.

As I mentioned earlier, I am going to omit the PDWA altogether.Seems that this facility is not missed by the UK owners.Also I will be getting a new RHD loom which I presume will not have the PDWA circuit in it.

Richard.

Edited by Richard Young