Hi Dave

I had a problem finding a good fitting boot seal for my 4A, but came across a company called Phoenix, and their rubbers they supplied for both my Mini and the Triumph fitted perfectly.

The lady who usually answers the phone will send you out a free sample too.

http://www.phoenixtrim.co.uk/Portals/Phoenix/PDF%20Files/Vehicles/Triumph%20Cat%20Lea%20Jan%202013.pdf

Regards

Kevin

That's interesting Kevin, I hadnt heard of them before, and if the trim works ,even better.

I bought a boot rubber from rimmers, it fitted but I could not way close the boot lid !

So after trimming loads of excess rubber, I threw it away and used an old one !!!!!

So good question Dave,

Conrad.

That's interesting Kevin, I hadnt heard of them before, and if the trim works ,even better.

I bought a boot rubber from rimmers, it fitted but I could not way close the boot lid !

So after trimming loads of excess rubber, I threw it away and used an old one !!!!!

So good question Dave,

Conrad.

Hi Conrad

Yes I have the T Shirt for that one and did exactly as you did! I also prefer the customer service of Phoenix as they will gladly send out samples, and everything they sell seems to do the job which is a pleasant change!

Regards

Kevin

Hi Conrad

Yes I have the T Shirt for that one and did exactly as you did! I also prefer the customer service of Phoenix as they will gladly send out samples, and everything they sell seems to do the job which is a pleasant change!

Regards

Kevin

Woolies are very good to deal with and will also send out samples.

Stuart.

From the very useful Phoenix lists:-

SRS083 and SRS094 are COH Baines product.

Notice also in the Baines catalogue - SRS104 the TR2/3 spare wheel lid seal and SRS071 which I think is TR2/3 door seal

https://coh-baines.co.uk/pdfs/catalogue_compressed.pdf

If you want to buy 200+ metres you should get a discount. - you can specify hardness at point of order.

The trade has been buying this for years and chopping up to suit owners requirements.

They also used to supply the right section seal for surrey rear glass by the yard - horror to fit as it was not a moulded shape.

Cheers

Peter W

TRF supply a perfect replica of the factory original. Perhaps some UK vendors have it too.

Here's how the boot lid fits on my concours car with one:

attachicon.gifIMA 68 TR ALBUM COMPLETE 007.jpg

attachicon.gifIMA 68 TR ALBUM COMPLETE 021.jpg

Cheers,

Tom

I notice your seal folds over differently in certain places most notably in the lower sides and not in the centre lower section. This is usually the problem with these types of seals and inevitably with use leads to the seal rolling off the lip. Plus the UK sourced ones are made of slightly porous sponge which doesnt help either

Stuart.

So good question Dave,

Conrad.

Conrad

Gainsborough has a big role thats fits ;)

I notice your seal folds over differently in certain places most notably in the lower sides and not in the centre lower section. This is usually the problem with these types of seals and inevitably with use leads to the seal rolling off the lip. Plus the UK sourced ones are made of slightly porous sponge which doesnt help either

Stuart.

All true, though the seal fit has been corrected since that pic was taken 8 years ago. The seal has to cope with direct compression on the horizontal runs but sliding contact on the bottom as it closes. The original seal was well chosen for this range of duties IMO ( porous sponge is more forgiving of discrepancies in the gap round the boot, so desirable I think ). Still, at least the one in my driver allows dust to enter the boot, but never water as the channel does its job diverting it away from the interior.

Cheers,

Tom

Thank you Tom for those photos.

I think perhaps I'm actually driving a dustcart as mine doesn't look anything like yours! :blink:

I am sure this is a good and useful thread for many other people. Thank you all for your input and knowledge.

Cheers.

Dave.