BMIHT Heritage Certificates - why?

Just going throiugh the file of papers that came with the car and gave found a BMIHT Heritage Certificate for it, quite interesting but wondered what the point was, looking on the BMIGT website i see they charge quite a lot for one, why would anyone bother?

2jg4i2d.jpg

Edited by Kerry

Just going throiugh the file of papers that came with the car and gave found a BMIHT Heritage Certificate for it, quite interesting but wondered what the point was, looking on the BMIGT website i see they charge quite a lot for one, why would anyone bother?...

My BMIHT certificate represents an interesting part of my car's history, and although I've changed a number of things (body color, weather equipment, O/D, wires, adjustable steering wheel...) it provides information like "rationalised gearbox" and the name of the vessel on which it came over to America. All of this helps fill in the story of the TR3B.

i-rk7zR8x-X3.jpg

We're gonna differ on this one, Kerry, unless you're just trolling for comments.

Love that expression, can see it on job descriptions now, used to be an writer now i am a textual communicator.

Have you noticed how Cafe staff are all now baristas.

Anyhow, I'm off to se a mixologist :D

Edited by Kerry

why would anyone bother?

Whilst the engine number presently fitted may match that on the V5 (as could the colour), the Heritage certificate will reveal the original number and colour. The former possibility of an exchange engine could be difficult to spot especially when "matching numbers" is a selling point, the latter would be easier to see in the majority of non-originality stakes.....

Regards

Bill

Hereford based........

Useful to have a Heritage Certificate especially if you sell the car as it will authenticate your vehicle and will help to prove it is not a cobbled together log book job.

If you put yourself in the position of the buyer it does give some peace of mind if the vehicle is 'matching numbers' so well worth the money as a sellers accessory also.

I recently received my Heritage cert when I checked the engine number ends 90 but the V5 and heritage say it has 80 ,could there have been a mistake at the factory engine numbers are too close to be a replacement any ideas?