BREAKING NEWS

I am delighted to announce that stands are finalised for the Lancaster Insurance NEC international CLASSIC CAR SHOW - November 11-13 2016 this year.

In an unprecedented coup, the organisers have agreed for the Italia Registrar to have a large single stand over 100 square metres where I have plans to display SIX WORLD CLASS TRIUMPH ITALIAS in different colours in a special theme and homage to the people who originally created them.

I am told this is the first time a private Club first time out has been given such a large stand right in prime position and surrounded by the other Clubs that represent our Triumph colleagues and friends.
I am honoured to have support from cars that will take your breath away, and this is the first time we know of in history that more than one Triumph Italia has been seen at an International Motor Show on the same stand.

Confidentiality prevents me from giving further details of the cars which will travel from around Europe allowing us to offer a unique and lifetime opportunity. If you are a follower please make every effort to attend and show your support. I absolutely guarantee you will not be disappointed, no matter how far you have travelled.

Well done, I really look forward to seeing them all,

Cheers,

Conrad.

I alot of work to do yet ,no doubt.

This morning I can exclusively confirm here that Dario Ruffino, son of Italia manufacturer Salvatore Ruffino, has agreed to travel from Italy as our gust of honour for the event.

Nice one Paul, but I guess Dario Ruffino will just breeze in and out.................

Cheers

Andrew

I've never visited this event before, shall put it in the diary

Guys,

Dario Ruffino wants to be part of the whole event, and I shall probably now organise a dinner and party for supporters and friends.

I can also exclusively reveal here tonight that I now have Italia #2, one of the show cars and with unique show badging, travelling from Majorca where it has just been finished to original show specification by a new owner and is on the road for the first time in 2 decades.

This car is understood to have been the personal transport of Dr. Ruffino, Dario's father.

The car was sold to a famous illustrator and exported straight to USA from the original Show Stand, where it was immediately featured in detail in Sports Car Graphic Magazine in 1961.

The owner is also happy for me to offer the car to Sporting Bears for Dream Rides, where it would be the first opportunity for anyone to see and feel an Italia Show Car on the road so if anyone wants to know what that is really like, this is your chance.

For this reason that car will not actually be on the stand, which is now full of amazing Italias all in different colours.

Two of these have never been seen in public since they were new, and a third will only have been unveiled at IWE this year.

#2 will act as our 'press car' and demonstrator, just as was available in Turin when the cars were launched.

If anyone knows where the original prototype is lurking, I'll go and get that one too. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Paul Harvey