Heritage inner sills

When I bought mine in 1987 from Cox and Buckles, one had the square pad surfaces too low.  The other was too high.

They still haven't heard of continueous quality improvement.  But then if we live with it and never complain, how will they find out about these mistakes.

Don Elliott

Very true,Through a Uk member I actually managed to get an e-mail from one of the Pete's at Moss. Not sure if in the end it will change anything but at least I finally got aknowledgement to my complaints.

We all need to let them know things are not as good as they should be.

Mychael

• 4 years later...

Just to revive a relevant old post, but picked up a pair of Heritage inner sills today, and yes, the brackets are still too low! Old stock maybe?

On a positive note, I also bought what must be the last pair of floor panels available anywhere, and I am really pleased with the quality of them both. Maybe they are really old stock, always at the bottom of the pile so early pressings. Compared to my current floor pans, the ribs of which are barely more than slight indents, the new panels are crisply pressed, with well defined, flat bottomed strengthening indents. Both have paper stickers saying "Bastuck" if that means anything.

Anyway, the garage is built, the car is being dismantled, the years of work pleasure have begun!

Regards, Les.

Edited by Les

As far as Im aware if they have BASTUCK written on them it means that they are not made by either MOSS or Heritage ..... maybe thats why they fit ?

Regards

Tony

Bastuck are a German company and seem to do a lot of exhausts for modern cars. They also have a catalogue for the TR2-6 and the floor panel number is KA17TR3.

They are BMHI approved as a supplier from outside the UK. I wonder what they cost. They list loads of parts for the TR ,but maybe they do not carry stock. All very interesting.

Richardtr3a :mellow:

I have bought loads of gear from Bastuck. Generally thet are more expensive than moss but I have never had a complaint about the quality (yet). Having said that I have also bought a load of gear from Moss as well but generally mechanical parts as opposed to body panels. The TR4 windscreen from Bastuck BTW is a fantastic fit.

Cheers

Alan

Hi Folks.

Coincidentally I also just bought 2 new inner sills for my 3 (from Moss). Now since the originals are not extant for comparison I am intriguiged by the idea that the repros are 3/8th" too low.

On offering them to the chassis and the floor pan above I noted that there is about a 3/8" gap between the depression of the floor pan bolted area and the sill beneath. But this takes no account of the fact that there is a rubber chassis mount .. around 1/4 to 3/8 thick between the chassi and the inner sill mount. I put in some rubber and the fit appears exceptionally good. So ... what .. have I got exceptional sills or have I got it wrong here as I have no pattern to work from .. Oh yes it also takes account of the small rubber strips under the floor pans as well..

Also the holes lined up (roughly) with the chassis ,,, well I could get the bolts in without grinding .. (not so the inner bolts which are about 1/4" out but only at the rear ...

Any comments

Cheers

Hi Folks.

Coincidentally I also just bought 2 new inner sills for my 3 (from Moss). Now since the originals are not extant for comparison I am intriguiged by the idea that the repros are 3/8th" too low.

On offering them to the chassis and the floor pan above I noted that there is about a 3/8" gap between the depression of the floor pan bolted area and the sill beneath. But this takes no account of the fact that there is a rubber chassis mount .. around 1/4 to 3/8 thick between the chassi and the inner sill mount. I put in some rubber and the fit appears exceptionally good. So ... what .. have I got exceptional sills or have I got it wrong here as I have no pattern to work from .. Oh yes it also takes account of the small rubber strips under the floor pans as well..

Also the holes lined up (roughly) with the chassis ,,, well I could get the bolts in without grinding .. (not so the inner bolts which are about 1/4" out but only at the rear ...

Any comments

Cheers

The rubber between the chassis and the sill does not change the space between your sill bracket and the floor. If your sill bracket is more than 5/16 of an inch from the shelf of the sill (top flat) where the floor will sit, it will need to be corrected.

Regards,

Robert

Edited by tr3aproj

I have a pair of Moss inner sills that I have used on my 3A and they seem pretty good the brackets are the same height on both sills and the holes line up perfectly.

The origonal stanpart ones that I took off of the car had a difference in the height of the fixing brackets when comparing the LH side with the RH side sill, so much for origonality ;)

Cheers

Alan

Hi all,

TRF plans to supply inner sills for the TR2-3. This is listed on their website and will be based on a pair of Stanpart NOS inner sills. Charles wants to supply a product that fits. Hope it comes to fruition relatively soon.

Mike