What Colour for a TR5 ? For a bit of Fun - Suggestions

Did you look at the "Valencia blue" (Ref. 66)? It's rare and the combination with a Light Tan 5ref. 13) int. is very interesting.I was very happy with this combination on a TR6 in the '80.

Regards

Did you look at the "Valencia blue" (Ref. 66)? It's rare and the combination with a Light Tan 5ref. 13) int. is very interesting.I was very happy with this combination on a TR6 in the '80.

Regards

Or mine below Marc. Valencia blue is a bit of a strange colour I find, because sometimes (like in the photo of mine) it looks very blue, whereas other times it looks almost green (like in Tom's photo). Maybe it's just my eyesight.

I don't think I'd never change mine from the original colour, but if I did I have to say that I do like AL TR250's Arena red. Very smart.

Darren

Overhere in Holland there's a gun metallic grey TR5 - I think with a Lotus Elise colour. And all the trim is black anodised. That looks very sharp! Wheels are black as well. Interior is claret red. Nice!!!

I haven't seen the fabric of the hood.

Menno

You mean like this, Marc R ?

Yes, exactly a very desirable combination, for me !

My first TR6 PI, manufactured in Belgium was delivered with this Valencia blue color and with the door mirror (TR5/TR250 type)

Did you notice, the door mirror shape you have is the shape the bonnet badge TR5 and upside down the TR250?

Regards

Edited by Marc R

Hi Marc,

Yes, the trapezium shape is special to the TR5/250 badge and its mirror, which was also fitted to early TR6s and GT6s of that time.

I have quite a collection of the mirrors, which were made in chrome/brass and later in stainless. Restoring a chrome/brass one to perfection is a very costly proposition ( I've never done it - just had them rechromed which loses part of the lettering ). An unlettered repro is available from TRF; it's perfect otherwise and not too expensive. It's what I use on my driver ( its NOS stainless mirror is in storage ). I would expect an NOS WINGARD mirror for these to fetch $500 now...

An original Valencia Blue TR6 would be extremely rare, and might fetch as much as a 5/250 in comparable condition.

The interior of the above '250 is changing to Shadow Blue with leather seats. The tan seats, trim pieces and wool carpets will be stored.

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by Tom Fremont

Hi Marc,

Yes, the trapezium shape is special to the TR5/250 badge and its mirror, which was also fitted to early TR6s and GT6s of that time.

I have quite a collection of the mirrors, which were made in chrome/brass and later in stainless. Restoring a chrome/brass one to perfection is a very costly proposition ( I've never done it - just had them rechromed which loses part of the lettering ). An unlettered repro is available from TRF; it's perfect otherwise and not too expensive. It's what I use on my driver ( its NOS stainless mirror is in storage ). I would expect an NOS WINGARD mirror for these to fetch $500 now...

An original Valencia Blue TR6 would be extremely rare, and might fetch as much as a 5/250 in comparable condition.

The interior of the above '250 is changing to Shadow Blue with leather seats. The tan seats, trim pieces and wool carpets will be stored.

Cheers,

Tom

Congratulation very nice TR250. I do not know and I wondering if for a TR250, to be coherent with the bonnet trapezoidal badge of the TR250, you should not turn up side down your door mirror! Nevertheless, I like your set up.

Concerning my TR6 originally in "Valencia blue", I change my mind some years ago and the current color is "Jasmin yellow". I like it but I still love the Valencia blue.

Regards

Congratulation very nice TR250. I do not know and I wondering if for a TR250, to be coherent with the bonnet trapezoidal badge of the TR250, you should not turn up side down your door mirror!

I believe the '250s and 5s had the long edge up where the TR6 and GT6 application had the short edge up. The " WINGARD " lettering was below the long edge of the chrome ones, and evidently both ways on the stainless ones; i.e. some were below the short edge. I defer to original owners to say whether that indicates which way was correct!

I have in the past seen a TR4a painted in light metallic (ice) blue, with a dark blue mohair hood and dark blue interior it looked superb. The bonnet area was really spectacular as the "eye brows" made the paint react in the sun, showing off the cars curvy shape...lovely.

Obviously non original...but things are there to be improved on?? B)

How about this colour ?? but I don't know what colours it is - does anyone know ?

attachicon.gifTR2 colour for the 5.jpeg

Probably Triumph Ice blue same as Edwins TR2. Looks anything from grey through blue to green depending on the light.

Stuart.

Probably Triumph Ice blue same as Edwins TR2. Looks anything from grey through blue to green depending on the light.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart

Yes I thought that too, as that's where I spotted the picture, but reading his posts again and looking at the end result of his rebuild, I believe his car is painted in "Giorgio Fume" which is a Lambretta colour. I even managed to buy a spray can of "Giorgio Fume" and yep it's the same as his car. This picture though, is of another car remarked by Edwin for inspiration. I like this colour, perhaps with navy blue interior rather than the claret, but, Fiona's car, Fiona's choice. Who knows what colour it will actually turn out to be.

best Bill

This is the colour i want to change my 6 to eventually,4_zpsevzzxjnk.jpg

I had two zetec's in this colour, not to everyones taste I guess,does it for me :D

Edited by Clarkey