Upon seeing the first image below, my lovely wife astutely commented that the photos were becoming less and less about the car, leading to a suspicion about the true reason for my unbridled enthusiasm in attending the festivities. As a result, she announced with aplomb that she would be attending the final day. In her Sunday best, the second image below outshines the others for sure!

Dan

image.jpg1_zps5w3ddwon.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsitrekgtx.jpg

very very nice pictures !

a bit pity that the images are ruined by cars... ;)

Like the look with the aeroscreens! Very nice!

Noticed your dashboard, when zooming in on, ahem, the details ????????

Is it black covered or painted black?

Edited by EdwinTiben

The dash is the last step of my rolling restoration. For the show, my dear father, approaching 90 years of age, wanted to help so he painted the old tatty targo purple dash with a brush, using water based acrylic paint to match the blackberry as best he could. He did a fine job! I will redo the dash before long, but I have a cracked front capping rail, missing glove box lock and broken glove box door, and a host of slightly tired instruments to remove and restore.

Dan

image.jpg1_zpso5fucrsm.jpg

Edited by 2long

Hi Menno,

during the the late 70's early 80's the 'Punk' brigade had every colour of hair you could wish for.

Blue was popular, and the bodies underneath were quite acceptable - even the girls.

Blue. red, green are coming back with associated bodies and attachments.

Roger

I was more like thinking of a lady with a buss pass and some kind of hazy blue permanent wave hairdo... Glad you guys think of a 'newer' specimen :D

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij 2

...my lovely wife...announced with aplomb that she would be attending the final day. In her Sunday best, the second image below outshines the others for sure!...

Dan, you are a smart man. And quite right.

Like when they ask, " does my bum look big in this " ? there can only be one answer.

Consider this todays/this weeks/this months/this years TOP TIP !

Mick Richards

Like when they ask, " does my bum look big in this " ? there can only be one answer.

Consider this todays/this weeks/this months/this years TOP TIP !

Mick Richards

"No, but that dress looks tight around yer bum."