Have just realised the VIN number on my v5 is not quite formatted correctly and I may have been well out on my build date estimation. The chassis number is CR5603 does anyone have one close to this that knows what date there car was built.

Late '74 last one was CR5612 , gleaned from the Moss catalogue.

Robin should that be late 73 ?

I thought late 73 also but car was not registered until 75. I have requested build date from heritage so hopefully will know for sure soon.

Edited by kdb550

Well, confused I am. In Original Triumph TR by Bill Piggot

1973 cars start CR665 last car CR2911` built 17 Oct .

First build up of 1974 model year CR5049 built 14 Sept (1973)

First car built 1 Jan 1974 CR5613......so according to Mr Piggot there isnt a 5603.....be interesting to see what heritage say....

Maybe its the very last 1973 built (1974 model car) car then......

Mine is CR5775 and was built on the 14th February 1974,so now I am confused :wacko:

Don't be confused Cew! That should have been late '73 to fit On with all the other build dates! Yours is close to mine!

Regards,

Michael

First build up of 1974 model year CR5049 built 14 Sept (1973)

First car built 1 Jan 1974 CR5613......so according to Mr Piggot there isnt a 5603.....be interesting to see what heritage say..

Robin don't be confused. The last 1973 model is as you state CR5049 built 14th September 1973 but thats when they started to build the 1974 models. So CR5050 would be the first 1974 model probably built on the same date in sept. 1973. They built a lot of 1974 models between sept. and end Dec. So you state CR 5613 being the first "car built" in 1974 would also be correct not the first 1974 model as that was built in sept (CR5050 remember).

Alan

Mine is CR1006, built 26th Jan 1973-always annoyed me that it missed exemption by so little. Much fairer now back to a rolling exemption, though I think 40 years is a bit too much-25 would be better as my other classic became that old this month (can't name it here, rare but with a rival badge :ph34r:)