Well its out! and i didn't use too many Grown up Words:)

Well the box is in of sorts

Can't get the bell housing flush with the engine

Top married up but the bottom is around 10 mill out

I think I have the bracket for the OD right as it is sat on the bobbins

I'll have a look tomorrow through fresh eyes

Failing that it can go on EBay

Chuffin cars !!!!!!!

Hi Alan

Yeh it's all supported as it should be, it looks like i have made a bit of a schoolboy error(no change there then)

I have fitted it with the bobbins in place and I beleive you should do that after everything is mated up.......DOH!

Earlier this morning"**** @@@@ ****** Gearbox **** @@@@ +++++ CAR,@@@@ **** **** ***** TRIUMPH :angry:

More juggling shifting shaking and some time later :D Its fits phew. puting all the bolts back in ++++ @@@@ ****** ****** @@@@ I really need 180mil long fingers and 3mill thick to get the FOOOOOOKERS in :angry::angry: .

BIG SMILES ALL ROUND :D

Martin I thought you said you werent going to use too many grown up words. Think you just used up a weeks allowance! ;):lol::lol::lol:

Stuart.

Stuart , I think ill be in grown up words deficit for a while yet ;) Niall I was going to do that as i want to be sure its all ok before it all gets put back together :ph34r:

Earlier this morning"**** @@@@ ****** Gearbox **** @@@@ +++++ CAR,@@@@ **** **** ***** TRIUMPH :angry:

More juggling shifting shaking and some time later :D Its fits phew. puting all the bolts back in ++++ @@@@ ****** ****** @@@@ I really need 180mil long fingers and 3mill thick to get the FOOOOOOKERS in :angry::angry: .

BIG SMILES ALL ROUND :D

So it was you then Martin,

Could hear you on my rock, good job my daughter was at school

Well done and congrats on a job well done, hope test drive goes A ok.

Is a strange feeling driving the car with the tunnel off.

Cheers

Guy

More juggling shifting shaking and some time later :D Its fits phew. in ++++ @@@@ ****** ****** @@@@ I really need fingers and 3mill thick to get the FOOOOOOKERS in :

BIG SMILES ALL ROUND

I bet you are a night under the sheets Martin

Pink

• 3 weeks later...

Well box and o/d are in. all seems to fit ,slave cylinder is connected and the peddle feels good, so I need to fit the wiring and then after an engine service its time to test drive before i re-fit the interior. ;)

The only Pi@@er is that the rad has started to leak at the top so I guess I'll be Knitting a new matrix for the Rad over the weekend :wacko:

Oh and another little job thats not going to plan is the refitting of the exhaust, its been blowing from the manifold and at several points along its length, so after stripping it down to its parts......Guess what!!! it will not sit right under the car or marry up to the manifold properly, Its bit like one of these Chinese metal puzzles you get in a cracker at christmas :angry:

So will try again tomorrow.....ish ^_^

Edited by Clarkey

Probably too late now, but don't grease the propshaft flange UJ until after the test drive. It is amazing how much grease gets flung over the interior! And how long it takes to clear up!

That would be where the Racetorations two part tunnel cover comes in handy as it's easy to temporarily fit the rear section for a run and no risk of getting your silk scarf snagged in the propshaft. Shades of Isadora Duncan.

Well I Have spoken to the very nice people at Moss where the system was purchased by the P.O and they have given me the correct sides to fit each pipe,thankfully there were serial numbers on each pipe :D

So I may dodge the showers and get it on :rolleyes: so to speak :D

:ph34r:

Edited by Clarkey

Ah well so before i put the exhaust back on I am having to have the rad recored I pushed the 6 out of the garage and there was a lovely pool of coolant on the garage floor :wacko:

So I have taken it to a company in Brum for a recore.

So the saga continues

I am hoping to have her ready for drive it day :D , then i need to get the miles on the clock ready for LeMans ;)

:lol: Yep I guess so

I best get the bugger back to you sharpish ;)

Phew

The rad did not need a recore at all :D

All tested and a fresh coat of paint and she is good to go.

So all i need to do before Le Man is

Rad back in

fit the Kenlowe fan.

o/d logic to fit,

fit new momentary switch for O/D,

full service

fit new rear brake shoes

new springs all round.( Yes I know Suspension AGAIN!)

New carpet set.

Fit seats and wire up

fit the exhaust.

M.O.T.

Oh and drive the bugger like i stole it.

Looks like I'm going to be a tad busy :wacko:

Edited by Clarkey
  • 3 weeks later...

Right

The exhaust is on FINALY, it fits and looks good :D

Rad fitted, kenlow all wired up.

Full service done.

Car started for the first time since August :rolleyes:

Feet wet from not tightening bottom hose jubilee clip (school boy error :wacko: )(waiting for the flack on that one :ph34r: )

So its time to work out how to fit the O/D logic and how to wire up the O/D , I have a feeling a few more grown up word are going to be used ;)