Well its out! and i didn't use too many Grown up Words:)

So just an update

Well the service is now done :D

New coil, plugs ,dizzy cap, rotor arm, started on the second turn of the key on all 6 :D

THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO WELL!!!!!!

Nice oil leak from the back of the sump I think :blink: (wasn't there before i had it apart )

Rad looks to be leaking :angry: (sods Law)

Really starting to get peeved now.

I am on the cusp of just mothballing the 6 now and sacking Le Mans , No time or patience left :mellow: .

So just an update

Well the service is now done :D

New coil, plugs ,dizzy cap, rotor arm, started on the second turn of the key on all 6 :D

THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO WELL!!!!!!

Nice oil leak from the back of the sump I think :blink: (wasn't there before i had it apart )

Rad looks to be leaking :angry: (sods Law)

Really starting to get peeved now.

I am on the cusp of just mothballing the 6 now and sacking Le Mans , No time or patience left :mellow: .

Mothball the Tr6 indeed... Hmmm. Sack le Mans... Washnyour mouth out with soap.

You can do it mate.

Oil leak identify wheres its from and deal with it.

Rad, you just replaced hoses, it could just be water traped in the fins that havent evaporated fully, if you can see the drip then well its a leak.

Cheers

Guy

Yep it's deffo a leak

So I will be knitting a new matrix over the weekend :blink:^_^

Right

New day tomorrow ;)

New rad to fit

Gearbox and O/D to wire up......fingers crossed.

leaking sump studs to sort.

Busy and fruitful day I hope :D

• 1 month later...

Right just to give you all the heads up :D

Four new springs fitted,

new rear shoes fitted.

new hoses to heater and bulkhead connector fitted after that started to leak :huh:

car now has 12 months ticket, just the o.d switch to fit after the momentary one i was going to fit, didn't :angry:

Tax on Saturday

its road time!!!!!!!! :D

Edited by Clarkey
  • 2 weeks later...

So the saga continues. :wacko::blink:

I have striped the carpets out and removed the tunnel (again) to try and sort out the o/d not working.

On Tuesday I stared from scratch to wire everything again, now apart from the feed from the fuse box every has been replaced, I am however using the original inhibitor switch it has been checked, it works and i have decent voltage,

so the symptoms are when I engage the o/d nothing happens, then when I flick the switch back it engages briefly then disengages.

so to eliminate any wiring issue i put a direct feed to the solenoid via a switch.

I took it out for a run then tried it, but alas the same thing happened.

so after various calls to NTC (sorry for being a pain Neil) it is still the same. :angry:

I have spoken to the guy who did the O/D for me and he reckons it may need a few more miles running before it clears, as he thinks there may be a bit of shite stuck on the valve in the O/D.

I am going to take her for a blast up the motorway for a couple of junctions and keep flicking the switch to see if i can get her to operate,

Failing that its a trip up to Sheffield to get the lads to try and sort it.

I really am running out of time now, as I only have 8 free days to work on the car before Le Mans.So thats to re fit the tunnel. carpets, fit the radio and tidy all the wiring back and also get a few 100 miles on her .

It may be I sack Le Mans as I really do not fancy the drive with no O/D.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooooooo the saga continues, it run on longer than the Game Of Thrones series :P

Finally the O/D is engaging properly Phew.

it was all down to the solenoid, it is strange as i did all the fault finding and the solenoid was clicking and it was getting hot when left engaged with the ignition on(and yes i did disconnect the coil)

Peter from O.R.S. sent me a new Solenoid this week and I fitted it on Friday.

and guess what the fooookin thing works :D:D:D:D .

so I am about to put every thing back in and will be doing a couple of trips to get a few miles on the clock before Le Mans.

thank you all for you help on this especially N.T.C. for the countles calls and head scratching. :P

Edited by Clarkey

Sooooooo the saga continues, it run on longer than the Game Of Thrones series :P

Finally the O/D is engaging properly Phew.

it was all down to the solenoid, it is strange as i did all the fault finding and the solenoid was clicking and it was getting hot when left engaged with the ignition on(and yes i did disconnect the coil)

Peter from O.R.S. sent me a new Solenoid this week and I fitted it on Friday.

and guess what the fooookin thing works :D:D:D:D .

so I am about to put every thing back in and will be doing a couple of trips to get a few miles on the clock before Le Mans.

thank you all for you help on this especially N.T.C. for the countles calls and head scratching. :P

Well done Martin, persistance pays off for you :rolleyes:

Cheers

Mike