Graeme, I admit being away from the forums for awhile, but I can't find where you might have shared all this stateside on 6Pack. Am I missing something or are you avoiding all the yankee feedback :P On second thought I'm sure it would all be positive and glowing ;)

Thanks for the comments guys. I have sorted the documents now and it is insured, the TR6 is booked in for inspection tomorrow at 2:00pm.

Andrew, it was close but red won on the day. ;)

Simpson, old habits die hard. Being a Brit and a 4A owner for many years, also on the TR Forum since its inception, I never considered straying into the North American Fora since moving here 4 years ago. Maybe I should test the water now I have a six. :)

Cheers

Graeme

The TR6 passed inspection on Wednesday, Yeh. :D :D :D :D

A couple of problems arose when I was driving it for the first time

The battery ( 3 months old) lost a cell and would only deliver 10.5 volts, however the engine would still start, pretty good battery.

The alternator is charging but the ign light will not go off, could be (another) problem with the wiring loom?

The RHP release bearing from M@ss is squealing like a pig when pedal is pressed.

Temp gauge is staying just above cold, although the engine appears to be at normal temps. (ambient was 33 deg C)

Waiting for the inspection at Canadian Tire.

007_zps9a6e55f0.jpg

First fillup.

010_zpse0b122a4.jpg

First Blast.

005_zps574c96fb.jpg

Cheers

Graeme

Congrats Graeme, looks fantastic, hope you and Sue get many years of pleasure from it

Must be very satisfying

Graze

Well done Graeme, looking good.Your alternator problem may be allied with the battery failure.

Stuart.

Well done Sue , Graeme shouldn't get all the credit, what would he have done with out his little gopher!!!.

Fantastic job well done to you both

Mark.

Thank you Mark! Graeme was ALWAYS dropping nuts, screws, washers...maybe that was because of my presence :lol: Anyways, there's something to be said about having a helping hand; I'm thinking of about a week ago when it took 4 of us to fix the bonnet back on!....we were lucky to escape decapitation!

• 7 months later...

Finally, an update on the TR6!! Paint defects on the bonnet and boot now sorted and the satin black areas done. An original TR6 hood fitted and a few other details sorted out. Ready for the road again.

10835148_10153103088843955_5997443978655

1655763_10153103088443955_96962093161911

10258143_10153103088693955_8111267073205

Cheers

Graeme

Congratulation, well done Graeme and Sue, this TR6 ‘69 is looking great. Very nice and rare (& right for an early TR6) combination with the windscreen frame with the color of the body, the rostyle wheel trim and on top the TR5 & 250 door mirror who look perfect (at least for me) with this car.

Now it is time to enjoy on the road, spring is starting by the end of this week. I know this pleasure of the few 1st trips after a rebuild, last year I finished a Stag after 3 years off the road.

Thanks’ for your reports, the pictures are useful for me as on my side I am working to rebuild (very slowly) a TR6 PI CP ’71 LHD in Jasmin Yellow, a CKD from the Truimph factory in Belgium (Malines) with, from the factory and dealer, the same specific combination (Windscreen frame and door mirror) except (my car is a ’71) the wheel trim (a Black hub cap trim) and the seats CP types (reclining seat w/o headrest).

Best regards and have fun.

Edited by Marc R

Nice one Graeme, looking very good now and unusual to see a 6 with the Rostyle caps on.

Stuart.

Wow...this really reminds me of my own restoration back i the 90s (a 1969 red TR6!!)...

Sadly, back in those days I didn't have a digital camera and so the hundreds of photos I took were lost along with the car. I must have spent hundred of pounds getting photos developed as anything that was due to be removed was photographed from multiple angles, then removed and stored in a numbered box along with a copy of the photos, and a second copy placed into the 'Restoration Book' which detailed the box the stuff was in, steps to remove, time, date, etc etc.

I wasn't a great mechanic back then (still not) and so I needed to carefully record everything I did in such a way that even a beginner could follow it.

Graeme Sue

Jealous is all I can say

If mine turns out half as good as yours I will be a happy man ,having the extra pair of hands helps.

Right Sue:)

Yup! ;)

Thanks for all the kind comments. Unfortunately it will have to be sold to finance the TR250 waiting in the back yard!

Cheers

Graeme (and Sue)

Thanks for all the kind comments. Unfortunately it will have to be sold to finance the TR250 waiting in the back yard!

Cheers

Graeme (and Sue)

Graeme,

Seems a shame to sell it now - given you already have a Michelotti TR would you not consider keeping the TR6, particularly as it's such a rare early one?

Cheers

Andrew

• 5 weeks later...

Just to wrap this thread up, the car is now sold and gone to its new home. Its not far away in Victoria, southern part of the island.

Cheers

Graeme

New owners inspecting the car.

TR6-001_zpsh2rhffma.jpg

Test drive.

TR6-005_zpsq5wyyzbs.jpg

New Home, in good company!

TR6-002_zpslv3havit.jpg

Edited by graeme