engine paint

whats the best paint to use for painting the engine black many thanks billy

Billy

Any spares shop (factors) would sell heat resistant paint even Halfords. I must get some to put on my rear brake drums.

Dave

Hi Dave/Billy,

I do not think the normal heat resistant paint will work well enough - the engine block does not get hot enough to cure it.

I'm sure 'Frosts' do an external engine paint designed for the job - (Moss sell Frost items - usually quite expensive)

Roger

Simoniz engine enamel used on many blocks, good stuff and it lasts. Same price as most of the other paints.

Anyone who knows me also knows that I love it when this subject rears it's pretty head on the forum, why? Coz it gives me a chance to show off my engine paintwork and the nae sayers a chance to slate me (you know who you are! NTC, Scotty, lol) but I don't care....this stuff is good, but expensive http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILVER-G2-HIGH-TEMP-ENGINE-PAINT-KIT-FREE-SHIP-/290403857047?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item439d6b3297.

The results.....the wee lass featured is also pretty and a great hand in the garage, though still sufferring a sore ar$e & grounded after forgetting those circlips!!! :rolleyes:

A black coulored engine block insults what little intelligence I have......what coulor is oil after a few hours/miles? Stained black! The same colour as a TR engine prone to leaks, so why not paint it an obvious coulor to lessen the task of detecting that wee oil seap.....besides, that yellow & black is gonna look good in yet another red car.....Jeez! is that the phone ringing already?

Edited by Richard71

Anyone who knows me also knows that I love it when this subject rears it's pretty head on the forum, why? Coz it gives me a chance to show off my engine paintwork and the nae sayers a chance to slate me (you know who you are! NTC, Scotty, lol) but I don't care....this stuff is good, but expensive http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILVER-G2-HIGH-TEMP-ENGINE-PAINT-KIT-FREE-SHIP-/290403857047?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item439d6b3297.

The results.....the wee lass featured is also pretty and a great hand in the garage, though still sufferring a sore ar$e & grounded after forgetting those circlips!!! :rolleyes:

A black coulored engine block insults what little intelligence I have......what coulor is oil after a few hours/miles? Stained black! The same colour as a TR engine prone to leaks, so why not paint it an obvious coulor to lessen the task of detecting that wee oil seap.....besides, that yellow & black is gonna look good in yet another red car.....Jeez! is that the phone ringing already?

Then why paint the sump black! ;):lol::lol::lol:

Stuart.

John, it`s perfectly possible to build a Triumph engine that is leak free. I`ve just completed one in my TR6 the other was in a Vitesse. All that`s required is attention to detail, some fettling (sp?) here and there not even fancy gasket sealer just good old Wellseal. Cheers, Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...