TR6 rear wing Decals

I have been putting off putting the rear wing TR6 decals on the car but I really would  like to do this.

Has any one any tips / advice on how do this properly?.Is there a template I can buy to ensure that I get them in the correct position.?

Thanks Phil.

I replaced the gaudy flag decals on a US 74 TR6 with the earlier "TR6" decals and I looked at pictures of original cars to get the correct location. I used masking tape that I had de-stickied a little so it didn’t harm the new paint to provide both a line and a sort of platform for the decals to sit on and I attached them with masking tape as a trial before I removed any of the backing material. The decals packaging was transparent enough to see the “TR6” even with the front and backing in place. With the masking tape at the right height to sit the transfer and its backing on and the correct location marked to space it in from the rear light trim I removed the front transfer layer and used the masking tape and marks to align the backing and then apply pressure with a cloth to get the decal to adhere. Then slowly peel away the backing and try and limit the surface area of the applied transfer that is being grabbed as you peel the backing away.

Stan

• 10 years later...

Then slowly peel away the backing and try and limit the surface area of the applied transfer that is being grabbed as you peel the backing away.

Stan

Stan,

Would there be any advantage in wetting the backing paper to ease removal?

Cheers

Graeme

OK looking good.I'm being dim, do you remove backing, position decal and push home onto wing, then remove front covering ? I've got my decals from Trgb but haven't fitted these before....

Stan, many thanks.

Thanks Stan,

I am fitting plain white TR6 decals, I think correct for '69 model.

Cheers

Graeme

All TR6s had white decals except yellow spectrum cars. My Pimento car has black to match a pin stripe put on by a PO, it's wrong but looks OK.

All TR6s had white decals except yellow spectrum cars. My Pimento car has black to match a pin stripe put on by a PO, it's wrong but looks OK.

Thanks Clive,

I think that white cars had black or red decals also.

Cheers

Graeme

Edit: :D:D just noticed the date on Phil's original post........... :rolleyes:

PS - Phil, I might be a bit late with my offer of help! :lol:

Phil,

This is the correct position for TR6 rear wing decals, if you can wait a day or so I'll take some measurements:

10440283_10204061039581481_7148687160295

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Andrew

Nope centre of the light is correct but should be further away a wee bit ;) but did they care?

Neil,

Yep, seen plenty of original TR6 rear decals mounted in the same place as mine, but agree they could vary and no, they didn't care............

Here's another original TR6:

$_57.JPG

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Neither look original or correct,to me, yes centre of light, but cant recall the dimension, or where I found it to fit to my non original motor.

Cheers

Guy

More like it

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/27699-side-view-of-rear-light-indicator/

And

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/32482-rear-wing-decals/

Edited by Jersey Royal

Andrew

No it ain't look again

ps

I don't care ;)

Neil,

Yes it is, Conrad knows this car.

But I don't care either, all I know is that mine have been on there since it left the factory, so are in the correct place.

Cheers

Andrew

PS - off for a fag, and I don't even smoke...............

I own a sign company , I can do these in any colour you fancy , In fact if you are going to the show at Stoneleigh this weekend , and want to give me the benefit of your knowledge before I buy a TR6 I will do you a pair for free :-)

TR6%20Decal_zpsajomhzcg.jpg

Carl

Sorry hadn't read the attached files, so about 20mm away and on the centre line of the lens. Mine currently are about 100mm away and dosn't look right

Thanks

have a look at Dave Lewis website, and his I believe award winning concours car, TR6 decal is shown in points of interest.

http://www.tr6pi.com/index.html

Cheers

Guy