i don't no whether it was my imagination but the steering seemed more positive

and the acceleration seemed to have increased probably my imagination,

i was having so much fun

the three;s look great with them fitted

regards pink :D

P1010132.jpg

P10101331.jpg

P1010134.jpg

Great looking car with great looking aero screens! I would like to suggest that a balaclava is still in fashion for this sort of more-than-open-top motoring. Perhaps a WW 1 Flying Helmet with face protection?

Menno

Come to think about it: back in the 70s when I was in the army, I wore a tank crew member's overall during the winter!

Brings back cold memories...

YP408-122.jpg

Edited by Menno van Rij

but you look either frozen ........or worried!

i had just completed 20 miles wasn't cold, or worried, just ugly, probably looking very pensive evaluating the difference between a full screen and the aeros

I would like to suggest that a balaclava

funny you should say that the only place i got cold was around the back of the neck i will have to see what i can find

what areoscreens are those and how do they attach to the scuttle ?

they are the standard brooklands, i had tried to contact a friend of Andrews who makes

them but unfortunately could not make contact, they are fitted to the car with screws through pedestals

i had to re counter cink the pedestal,l they were extremely bad, Stuart sugested putting a rubber seal on the

bottom of the screen i had some thick leather strips this seems to have done the trick stooping the drought

just like riding a motorbike great

regards pink

Excellent.

I always enjoy the TR more when the areoscreens are fitted. The acceleration is probably better as you have reduced the frontal area considerably - try running at 70 mph holding the windscreen up! By rights you should fold the passenger one flat when you have no one in that seat to improve the looks further.

I am in the throws of remaking the alloy aeroscreen mount that will bolt to the original mounting point (where it exists) and takes the Brooklands or Aeroscreen items. See adjacent pic for what it looks like.

The mounts can remain in place on the car once the aeroscreen is removed. - They replace the nasty universal mount that you end up self tapping to the scuttle top, usually in the wrong place and have to be removed to get the windscreen back on!

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Excellent.

I always enjoy the TR more when the areoscreens are fitted. The acceleration is probably better as you have reduced the frontal area considerably - try running at 70 mph holding the windscreen up! By rights you should fold the passenger one flat when you have no one in that seat to improve the looks further.

I am in the throws of remaking the alloy aeroscreen mount that will bolt to the original mounting point (where it exists) and takes the Brooklands or Aeroscreen items. See adjacent pic for what it looks like.

The mounts can remain in place on the car once the aeroscreen is removed. - They replace the nasty universal mount that you end up self tapping to the scuttle top, usually in the wrong place and have to be removed to get the windscreen back on!

Cheers

Peter W

That is a very neat solution Peter. Do either style of aeroscreen have to be modified to work with that bracket ?

Stan

Hello Stan,

All I have ever done is shortened the stem of the aeroscreen leg by a 1/4 - 1/2 inch to get them to sit down as low as possible, but that is not required to get them to fit, just my fine tuning.

Some users have chosen to shorten one side only so the aeroscreen sit level to to the ground.

Personal choice.

Link to a a very competent user's site detailing the fitting instructions:-

http://www.triumph-tr3.nl/index1.htm

Look at the Special Jobs tab

I have been producing these items for over 25 years and have sold them all over the world. The latest batch is now on order and due before Christmas 2011. (So the machinist tells me!)

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
Just wait till it rain's Pink , HA HA cheers Paul.
I am with Paul, tried them in somebody;s car in the wet , Sod that go back to a bike

Classic Le Mans 2006, TuRK with aeroscreens and it lashed it down 10 miles from Arnage and that ain't fun at 80 mph, my whimpering was pathetic; it also lashed it down on the way home at night - but skin is waterproof! :D

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith
  • 3 weeks later...

I wanted to let everyone know that I purchased a set of the aeroscreen mounts from Peter a while back and have been running them on my '56 TR3 ever since, and they work exactly as advertised. I put some gasket material under them to keep them from digging into the paint. I really enjoy the aeroscreens and haven't used my windshield since.

Take care,

Eric

Where's your tax disc? I bought a disc holder from a motorcycle shop for about a fiver to use with my aeroscreens. Unscrew the knob on the aeroscren, put the disc holder on and replace the knob. The disc points towards the side of the car rather than the front which probably contravenes some regulation, but at least it is displayed. Sorry I cant post a photo, I haven't got the hang of reducing picture size yet.

Regards, Derek.

• 1 month later...

My tax disc holder is the motor cycle type attached on a bracket under the central mirror. I do not remove it from this position but have had the odd discussion with the boys in blue over its positioning. They say it is not on the near side and I say they do not guarantee it will not be stolen when the soft top is removed if attached by a plastic pouch to the wind screen. As the car has no road tax payable - WTF!

Cheers

Peter W

• 2 months later...

Even though my 1960 car didnt come with the provision for aero screens I'm going to do the mods to allow me to use them. Since the tub is still in primer this is the time do it.. I have the Moss repro "Brooklands" screens and Peter is sending me a set of his mounting posts. I'm hoping that I can arrange it so that the screens can remain in situ even if the windshield is installed but only if that allows the aeroscreens to be placed where they would be effective (if that is not an oxymoron..).

My question is regarding the earlier car aeroscreen attachment points. Are these just 5/16-24 cage nuts welded to the underside of the scuttle or was there some additional reinforcement added ?

Stan