Who's doing the Jigsaw All Triumph Race?

At the CSCC Meeting on August Bank Holiday weekend (think 30th Aug).

I'm hoping to be out in my 4. Been a while!

This is also the meeting where all the Old Super Saloons are going to be coming back out. They have already had a test there.

i.e. Baby Bertha, the Chimp, VWDFV, Capri DFV's, etc.

Did Mark have you down?

Might be worth a day out just to see those amazing machines (heard alot about it already from Gregor M as Joe Ward is bring Baby B out and help organise the recent test).

CSCC-Test-Day-Mallory-Park-29-L.jpg:) God know how you add pic's in this forum! Not easy.....

[pic]http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/Petrol-Head/Classic-Sports-Car-Club-2011/CSCC-Mallory-Park-Test-Day-29/i-K2KJvNG/0/L/CSCC-Test-Day-Mallory-Park-29-L.jpg[/pic]

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=332937&highlight=mallory

:)Rob Cowing and I have both entered the Jigsaw race but not the Swinging 60's despite finishing 2nd in class at the last two rounds at Donington Park and Oulton Park. :)

If you have entered, you'll have seen Jo's mail on entries.

She say she could do wiith more - alot less of the little Triumphs than ther has been - if you know anyone TR or other Triumph up for it please get them to contact Jo at Jiagsaw Racing.

Current competitors

Jeff Hooper (TR6) Jon Ellison (TR4)

John Davies (Vitesse) Geoff Mackrill (Vitesse)

Clive Gimson (GT6) Mike Hughes (TR5)

Les Congdon (Spitfire) David Bailey (TR4)

Simon Bailey (TR7 Sprint) Steve Chapman (TR4)

Rob Cowling (TR6) Rob Roodhouse (TR6)

Jeff Handley (Spitfire) Josh Files (TR6)

Alistair Pugh (Spitfire)

=============================================================================================

You entering Roy ©?

DM said he was so that is one more.

Maybe a g'up is needed on that Triumph Torque forum?

Neil

I'll only be spectating but Chris Edwards will be in Swinging 60s in his newly aquired TR6, the ex Whites car, Irish father and son combo, last seen in the Jigsaw race at Mallory in,I think, 2008 or 9.

Other than that I don't know which other TRs are out.

Dave McD

Does anybody know if Mark Cambell is coming out to play?

Keith

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, Jon's 4 is going out to play.

Make videos Jon!

Cheers

Chris

PS: Looking on that grid making me tempted to have a run in UK next year. Have to talk over the German drivers going to UK.

Are still powder extinguishers not allowed in UK? That could stop some from coming.

Edited by MadMarx

Anyone know how the race went??

Been looking on tsl timing but no results of the race yet..............

Josh Files got pole with Mark Campbell 2nd but soooooooo close!!!

Mark won it ;) more later

more later???????????????????// you cant leave it like that lol

Guys

1) Mark Campbell - 23 laps - 22 mins 22.32 secs - 91.44mph

2) Joshua Files - Gap 4.213 secs

3) Rob Cowling - 1 lap

4) Christopher Edwards - 1 lap - 1.119 secs

5) Mike Hughes - 1 lap 8.115 secs

6) Dave Bailey - 1 lap 11.671 secs

7) Rob Roodhouse - 1 lap 28.157 secs

8) Jeff Hooper - 1 lap 45.426 sec

9) Peter Foster - 2 lap

10) Simon Bailey - 2 lap 34.747 secs

Fastest Lap - Dave Bailey - 51.705 secs - 93.99 mph

Good to see you all.

Regards

Tim

An entertaining race from where I was standing. Well done Mark and Jo, and all the competitors - and it was great to see a Wedge on the grid at last. Monday was quite an entertaining day all round, despite the overcast weather, which is more than can be said for the preceding day - Sunday's racing was an abysmal waste of time and money.

A fair few TR folk supporting the racers, and both Tim and Cat attending as Local Group Coordinators.

Mark Campbell made a cracking start and never looked back, despite Josh Files' best efforts, and exceptionally impressive drive. Roy lost drive in practice, not sure why but an awful lot of heavy clanking from the bellhousing area, not encouraging. John's Vitesse suffered a dodgy dashboard switch which sadly killed the ignition, one of those freaky faults. Jon's 6 was chucking out more flame and smoke than the average Scud, I can't recall ever seeing anything pouring so much wasted flame from its exhaust pipe, apparently he was eventually blackflagged into retirement.

In a later race, Kevin Hadfield suffered what seemed to be a rear end derangement that threw him into a roll, an awful lot of damage to the TR4 but hopefully not too much to the driver.

Amongst the other races the Modsports and Super Saloons from way back when stood out, but what a pity the wall of noise of days of yore has been strangled by giant silencer boxes. Gone are the days when a grid full of monsters could drown out The Who or The Grateful Dead on full song. As the V8 Lady would have it, loud enough is when you can't hear yourself scream . . . . :D

Cheers,

Alec