Who's doing the Jigsaw All Triumph Race?

Alec

Josh is indeed one to watch, however he will not win many supporters by not being at the end of the race with Mark.Some say he had shed a fan belt? but the car use's an electric water pump !!!!!!!!! as you know you win some and lose others

Don't have a go at Josh for not joining Mark on the grid...the marshalls were given the wrong information regarding who to direct on to the grid at the end of the race for interview etc....I finished 7th but they swore blind that I was 3rd and told me I had to go to the grid at the end...somebody got it horribly wrong...maybe that's why the race results aren't on the TSL website yet?

Great race as always and great credit to Mark and Jo for all their effort in organising everything.

Cheers

Rob

In a later race, Kevin Hadfield suffered what seemed to be a rear end derangement that threw him into a roll, an awful lot of damage to the TR4 but hopefully not too much to the driver.

It was minus one of the rear wheels when loaded onto the recovery truck.

Hi Neil,

as Rob points out, misinterpretation, administrative error, nobody was throwing dummies or toys.

If the marshals point you straight at the paddock, that's where you go, unless you're up for a slanging match and a discussion with the Stewards afterwards. Give the lad credit for obeying instructions, where others might have kicked up an embarrassing fuss. It's disappointing to miss out your place in the spotlight, after all !

It was all smiles at the Jigsaw presentation afterwards, the Triumph drivers weren't going to lose any sleep over a bit of a mishmash from the organisers, these things happen.

Cheers,

Alec

Thanks to failure of the smallest part - the ignition switch - I had to sit out the last 20 laps of the race.

The marshals told me that Jon was shown the black flag on several occasions; it was only when it was shown together with a fire extinguisher that he came in!

John

No Neil,

not only at the end of that race . . . . and bear in mind we were there Sunday too. Let's just say I wasn't impressed by the event organisation, and I do feel sorry for several other chaps who might also have been the butt of inappropriate remarks. What little of the commentary we could hear didn't impress me or Diane either.

All too easy for those of us spectating to get the wrong end of the stick, I know the feeling ! As usual, these cockups become clearer after talking to drivers and marshals later.

Cheers,

Alec

I spent an enjoyable few hours there but as Alec pointed out the public address was rubbish. I couldn't tell whether the commentary was coherent or not because of the continual clipping.

Hi thanks for the sympathy on the demise of my car in practice especially as so many TR friends and members were there.Also to Neil & daughter + friend for their help in loading the car onto the trailer.What horrific noises from the bell housing area,had the flywheel come off,had the clutch parted company,had the end fallen off the starter, or had the worse happend the crank broken ? these were all surgested and all seemed reasonable.

The good news is that its not the engine,after work the next day and too much time thinking about it i came home and pressed the clutch which still worked "few ".So then with the clutch depressed started the engine [ with everything crossed ] and it fired up and performed as it should. So it is the gearbox which must be so major as it cannot be moved forwards or backwards .As the noises were from that area and even engine i don't think it's the diff, so the box is on its way out of the car.If it is just the box i will be very relieved as the other options would have been painful to the wallet .

Kevin Hatfields crash was quite bazzar as i was standing next to Kat Tunadine who was looking the right way and claimed that the car just flipped end over end( back coming over the front )landing on its roof and then sliding over 100m before hitting the barriers still upside down , filling away a large portion of the roof.The roll cage did its job so i do hope that Kevin is ok . But so strange,

ROY

Roy - hope yours fixed fast.

On Kevin crash, from who you describe it it sounds lik ethe type of crash you can get if the rear hubs breakes? Is his car IRS? If so maybe it does not have the steel hubs. If they break it then suddenly digs in and more than likley will end over end.

Don't know who ntc is but he really should get his facts straight before making the comment that he did i.e Files spat a dummy out :o

Josh is my son and I can confirm that he was told to move off the grid by a marshall at the end of the race; no amount of discussion would alter his decision and this upset him greatly - this surly comment does not help in any way so I hope you are big enough to retract your factually incorrect statement and apologise.

Keith Files

Edited by gt3kef

Keith

From the spectators point of view watching every other race had top 3 stop and talk. I do apologise if this was different on this race for some reason but I just called it on how it looked. Again I apologise if this was wrong. I for one was looking forward to the interview

Thanks Neil. Next time you are around and we are at an event then please do come over for a chat; you will be more than welcome.

We are at the Nordschleife race next weekend if you are.

Keith

I guess the timing gear was faulty, perhaps contributing to the end of race confusion.

With all due respect to Dave Bailey, I think his recorded best lap in his TR4 of 51.705 secs is somewhat optimistic.

To the best of my knowledge, the only TRs in the past to do sub 53 secs let alone sub 52 secs have been Mark Campbell, Josh Files, Simon Knowles in 6 cylinder cars and perhaps Graham Miller in the TR7V8.

Dave McDonald

When the Race Championship finally finished the lap record for TR's stood at 52.4 secs by Mick Richards in his TR7V8. However Mark Campbell did a 52,1 secs in the Swinging 60's race which to my knowledge is the quickest lap round Mallory by a TR to date!