Wheel arch liners ,fibreglass, brand new TR4A

For sale wheel arch liners for TR4A , brand new (ex CTM) £100

Hi Poldark, I guess you are in Cornwall?

I might be interested if it was handy to collect.

How do they fix and how much do they 'shield' the arches.

I've never seen any before and don't know the quality etc.

If you are able to mail me a photo, firstlight20@hotmail.com

that would help.

Thanks

Hi Poldark, I guess you are in Cornwall?

I might be interested if it was handy to collect.

How do they fix and how much do they 'shield' the arches.

I've never seen any before and don't know the quality etc.

If you are able to mail me a photo, firstlight20@hotmail.com

that would help.

Thanks

Hey guys, not looking to crash this party or hi jack this post (but I fear I may had done just that, sorry):D

....................but they're on my shopping list also, so interested in general in liners, do they work, how they fit, how are they fixed to the body and has anybody looked at the long term use?

Actually taken them off after a couple of years and seen any results good or bad................mud traps or wing savers

I'm sure we'd be interested to hear any stories ?

Hi Mike,

I have the Revington versions on my 4A (speak to your man at NLG he designed them).

I have not removed them in ten+ years so don't know how well they keep stuff out. However there is no where for muck to get in on the front and the backs almost as covering (small area at bottom/rear of wing.

A few people who have posted before say they use pop rivets to hold them in place.

I use bath sealant (non-silicon) on the mating faces and an upholstery clip at each end so as not to damage the paint finish and let in corrosion.

Roger

(speak to your man at NLG he designed them).

That'll be me then... ;)

You can fit them them with anything you like - some people glue them, others use small stainless fasteners, I use pop rivets and a bead of silicone. They are a reasonably tight fit (you need to 'spring' them into place) so don't need much to hold in position and have a rubber seal on the wing abutment.

Hopefully there are some pictures attached when I removed mine after some 8 years of use - pristine behind them apart from a bit of dust. If you've ever taken the wings off an old TR you'll know how many buckets of mud generally get wedged up there.

Jerry

They are a reasonably tight fit (you need to 'spring' them into place) so don't need much to hold in position and have a rubber seal on the wing abutment.

Agree, I only used two self tappers per shield. Many thousands of hard miles without issues. Particularly effective in snow.

Andy

I have them on my 6.

They came scribed with cutlines for 6 or 4/5 body.

It took me quite a while to fit them, offering up, marking, trimming, repeat, and again.... because I was pretty fussy about the fit, wanted them following the wing profile within 1/8" as the lip seal that comes with them is not very compliant.

I waxed thoroughly before the final fitting

Fixed them at the front with ummm four/five stainless bolts & penny washers & dome nuts, and at the back with errrm three/four washers & self-tappers. Where the lip seal can't conform to the swage line I added a blob of seam sealer.

How good they are at keeping the crud out probably depends how careful one is fitting them. I had one off after two summers, no mud behind.

They protect the A posts, B posts, light pods, top seams, all those mud traps.

I paid the full price, about £300, in terms of peace of mind perhaps the best £300 that I spent on the car.

Ivor

I fitted them to my then TR6 and they certainly kept the **** out.It was my only car in the beginning of the 90s and I used it everyday.When my TR5 was painted I had them fit wheel arch liners.These were stone chipped and painted body colour(Jasmine) six years ago.Removed them to have a look about a year ago,just some dust and that was about it.Really worth fitting and use stainless nuts and bolts in the corners.

Regards HarryTR5 Nutter :D

I fitted them to my then TR6 and they certainly kept the **** out.It was my only car in the beginning of the 90s and I used it everyday.When my TR5 was painted I had them fit wheel arch liners.These were stone chipped and painted body colour(Jasmine) six years ago.Removed them to have a look about a year ago,just some dust and that was about it.Really worth fitting and use stainless nuts and bolts in the corners.

Regards HarryTR5 Nutter :D

Harry/ Roger/ Ivor/Andy & Jerry, thanks guys

Excellent, this is the forum at it best. I had her fully undersealed which has saved her from the worst including a period as daily driver thanks to Mr Brown, but feel it now time to increase the protection..............

Based on this feed back it looks like I'll be fitting them. Quite like to have a look at some in situ, maybe Harry's as I know he has a nice warm garage :D

Harry/ Roger/ Ivor/Andy & Jerry, thanks guys

Excellent, this is the forum at it best. I had her fully undersealed which has saved her from the worst including a period as daily driver thanks to Mr Brown, but feel it now time to increase the protection..............

Based on this feed back it looks like I'll be fitting them. Quite like to have a look at some in situ, maybe Harry's as I know he has a nice warm garage :D

Hi Mike,

You (or anybody else who is interested), are welcome to look at Mr Revington's products as fitted to my '4', which is situate in Surrey near Epsom. I'm sure that Roger H would be equally obliging (in west London) although I believe his TR is currently in hospital, recovering from the rear ender it took in the RBRR.

Geoff

Neil's products fitted to 4VC some years ago - and I wish I had done so sooner as there is an earlier, small, "ding" in the (alloy) right rear wing from a stone.

Just checked - it was July 2000 - doesn't time fly!

Ian Cornish

B)

Hi Mike,

You (or anybody else who is interested), are welcome to look at Mr Revington's products as fitted to my '4', which is situate in Surrey near Epsom. I'm sure that Roger H would be equally obliging (in west London) although I believe his TR is currently in hospital, recovering from the rear ender it took in the RBRR.

Geoff

Hi Geoff, thats kind of you and I may take you up on your kind offer if Roger's 4 is still in the shop after Christmas or if I can't make Harry ' volunteer' (as he's a bit closer).......................:D

Hi Mike

I also fitted the liners to my 4A before it went back on the road nearly three years ago.

Mine are held on by just a self tapping screw at each end, but with the spring in the liners, they follow the contour very well.

They are sealed with a thin rubber strip and as Ivor says, it takes time to get a good fit, but it's worth it.

Your more than welcome to take a look when your over my way.

Lee

Hi Mike

I also fitted the liners to my 4A before it went back on the road nearly three years ago.

Mine are held on by just a self tapping screw at each end, but with the spring in the liners, they follow the contour very well.

They are sealed with a thin rubber strip and as Ivor says, it takes time to get a good fit, but it's worth it.

Your more than welcome to take a look when your over my way.

Lee

Thanks Lee, I should have known ! Put the fan heater on, I'm coming round....................

Also running the risk of being in a group of one, the only one in the NLG who DOESN'T have liners :D:D:D

You could propose a new trophy to be awarded at the next AGM, the Linerman Trophy, then NLG can scoop the pool there as well :(

Ivor

Jerry's design is the best imho, however you will need to take your time when fitting and trim as needed as every car is different

You aint kidding ;) Not a five minute job.

Stuart.

You aint kidding ;) Not a five minute job.

Stuart.

Some people have said in the past they whacked on a whole set in a morning. I think I spent nearly a day fitting each one. Offering up, taking care not to scratch the underwing paint, marking, filing a bit (taking care not to shatter the fibreglass) offering up again, and again and again.....

I'd still do it again on a new car.

Ivor