Finally we have it started and out for a drive round the block. Didn't go to far but it felt good, and yes I know the exhaust is a little long but its all I had to try andkeepthe beast quiet.

enjoy

cheers jim

Edited by kiwi-jim

Thanks guys, found a few bugs, the temp guage isn't working so I'll need to sort that out, then I think a proper exhaust and a bit of tuneing will help a lot as well.

for some reason the ignition light dosn't go off either. I suspect that I might have a few small electrical gremlins .

The steering felt a bit different/vague, but I think I need a longer run once I have sorted the gremlins to have an opinion on that.

All in all at least it ran.

Well done Jim, excellent job. Not worried about number plates then B)

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Finally we have it started and out for a drive round the block. Didn't go to far but it felt good, and yes I know the exhaust is a little long but its all I had to try andkeepthe beast quiet.

Jim: Please send me the specifications for the exhaust system. The sound is awesome!

enjoy

cheers jim

Hi guys

Havn't got plates yet stuart as it wasn't strictly a legal drive, the car hasn't been complied yet so is unregistered and un warrentied (your MOT process).

I know that extra special exhaust would get a few comments next time it drives out the gate it will have a proper one on it, thats the appropriate length.

Cheers

Well done Jim looks a belter, I took mine out as soon as I could get it to move with poor clutch and brakes and a few weeks later after fettling its getting really enjoyable.

Loved the movies well done indeed.

Hi guys

Havn't got plates yet stuart as it wasn't strictly a legal drive, the car hasn't been complied yet so is unregistered and un warrentied (your MOT process).

I know that extra special exhaust would get a few comments next time it drives out the gate it will have a proper one on it, thats the appropriate length.

Cheers

Many years ago in Auckland I was "Rebuilding" a triumph Herald I had just got the engine going and thought I would take it for a quick spin. Down the road I went no bonnet no lights no roof no numberplates great fun, then she broke down... never mind just a couple of KM from home(before mobiles), just about to get out and a black and white traffic car pulls up behind me lights and sirens going, oh sh%t I am done now me thinks no way out, get out of car and its my next door neighbour (traffic cop at the time) who has just popped home for lunch, makes a comment like "better get that hunk of cr@p off the road before someone spots it Alan" and tows me home behind the black and white. Sometimes its just your lucky day B)

Great stuff Jim, and as has been said you must receive extra credit for the additional parts supply difficulties you must have compared to us Brits. Good luck with all the official paperwork. After that the real fun starts. :D

Great stuff Jim, and as has been said you must receive extra credit for the additional parts supply difficulties you must have compared to us Brits. Good luck with all the official paperwork. After that the real fun starts. :D