Hi Richard,

Looks like a very nice car - I have registered my interest with all the major suppliers, so hopefully it shouldn't bee too long now.

I know I've seen a couple of 'pups' but it is good to see them. TBH I would still have gone even if I knew their condition beforehand because the more you see, the more you understand and the more you know what to look for. It also makes you more critical and stops you looking with the rose tinted specs!

Roger

If the car ar £9k5 is to much for your skillset

Trouble is, I don't think that a car truly worth 9.5K should be too much for my skillset, but one at 7K probably is. I already have a Rover P6, so I'm used to cars suffering from the metal moth, but when there is evidence of plenty of filler (applied using a bricklayers trowel) used for more than just smoothing out small dings during the paint prep process, then I'd be wasting my money and I'd rather learn my bodywork skills on the 'as and when it needs' basis rather than the 'oh **** what have I bought' basis :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your comments, spurring me on to find her!

I've another trip planned for Saturday, and this one looks like a good one!!

Hi Brian- just over 18 months ago I bought a '67 4A from Marko,for not much more

than the asking price for the white 4.

Check it out & make your own mind what you should be doing.

I'm led to believe that TR4 prices in particular are very

healthy, despite the economic situation, so it's unlikely

that you will get a similar car now for the same money.

But - marko does seem to turn up with one gem after another.

Not every week, of course, but be patient. Gems don't come on the market

every week.

I'm sure marko will be one of the dealers that you have registered an

interest with. He does a lot of travelling checking out TRs and he may

well find a TR4 that fits with your requirements.

I have not had any dealings or contact with marko, I only know of him

through his posts and cars shown on his web page, but they speak volumes

for the cars he finds and his very reasonable asking prices.

AlanR

This may be of interest

http://www.classicca...php/carno/88353

Looks interesting. I've phoned the owner and was the first to reply to the CCFS advert, although he does have a viewing this evening.

It appears to have been left out in the rain alot since its first restoration, it has had recent chassis welding, requires a new wing and has a rusty rear decker panel (do you call it that on the TR too?) the bit immediately behind the Surrey, at the edges near each wing.

Could it be a bargain....... he's going to email me some photos, but if it looks worth a visit, I wont be able to get there before the weekend anyway - in the Netherlands 'till Friday with work.....

Thanks for looking out for me Roly, much appreciated

My link

This one looks quite nice - unusual colour...

Not a bad looking car from the pictures ;) although as stated in the ad does need a bit of remedial paintwork and regapping but a Cornish one as well! Marko wont bulls**t you so definitely worth a look.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
My link

This one looks quite nice - unusual colour...

Mark contacted me about this car at the beginning of the week and has emailed me loads of pics. Mark has been following my thread on here, and also has my contact details.

I'm hoping I can arrange to see it this weekend, depending on what the family also need, as I'm up and about with work at the moment so it's very difficult to make arrangements which is very frustrating for me!

here's hoping B)

Mark contacted me about this car at the beginning of the week and has emailed me loads of pics.

Mark has been following my thread on here, and also has my contact details.

BE VERY CAREFUL GOING OVER TO marko's.

You may end up buying that gorgeous 5 he has!

AlanR

Brian

Have you had any luck with finding a car, you are a few years in front of myself, i am in the middle of saving up but when i do get enough saved i want to get in touch with Marko and see about buying one from him, well thats the dream :rolleyes:

If you haven't found anything yet i was looking at some web sites today and came across this 1967 TR4a, i haven't got any conection with them and don't know anything about them but thought it might be worth checking out

www.bgssales.co.uk

Regards Nick

http://thegallery.onlinevoorraad.nl/sb445ca3da55cb9dedbfa842af3b1fed1/details/?sid=1789544

I am also looking for TR4 OR TR4A and I chanced upon this one in the Nethherlands . It looks pretty special but so is the price!

The web site is the gallerybrummen.nl and has lots of very interesting cars.

So if you have euro 32500 to spare this could be yours (maybe once £ goes back to 1.50 then might be interesting).

Tim

post-4669-126996274547_thumb.jpg

post-4669-126996274547_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

Yes, discussions are coming to a close and I'll be posting the details soon with photos!

I'm away with work at the moment, so unable to sit down and sort out uploading photos etc.

Brian.

Hello All,

(Sorry ...... Just in case someone misses my post in the Buy, Sell, TRade section :P )

After 12 months TR Register membership (to read, research and having met other TR chaps and chap-ess's in the Nene Valley Region) and a hard slog putting the TR Tokens in the bank I am now ready to buy.

I am looking to buy a TR4 / 4A in good order throughout. Ideally the car will have been subject to a previous restoration in the past, just so long as that restoration has finished ;)

I live in Northampton, so I'm quite centrally based to travel to see the car.

I would like to see plenty of photographs (very recent ones please) of the car, PM me to exchange email addresses

Cash waiting.

.... and looking forward to "meeting" everyone on the forum.

Brian.