There is a TR6 for sale by Classicandperformancecars.co.uk.Its a red car and has had a 1000 hour restoration by Racestorations.Its done 2500 miles since the work and is up for an eye watering £37,500.

Any feedback would appreciated on this vehicle.

Regards

David

post-14150-0-47993800-1464726772_thumb.png

post-14150-0-25432100-1464726841_thumb.png

If it's the one I'm thinking about it's a bargain!!!

Would cost double to build

Very well built car

Tom

In my opinion Tom is right, it would cost a lot more to build one from scratch.....however......

It is very very very difficult to re-sell a car that has been so highly modified and personalised, the retail market is very limited for modified cars as most people prefer original cars.

Based on 25 years of buying and selling TR's so only my opinion, Racetorations or TR Enterprises may have a different view

Mark

Mark,

Your take on this is very relevant. The cars built to this sort of spec are a very personal build that's for sure.

Always easier to sell a 'blank canvas' for the new owner....

Tom

This is, IMHO, a crackin'car.

I have never had anything to do with Racetorations, but, based on the general opinion of this forum, I bet the build quality is 1st class.

If I were looking to buy this car, I guess the asking price is not unreasonable.

For me though, it is too highly modified.

I can get a more modern, more reliable car, that will perform in a similar manner (albeit without the TR6 panache), for similar money

Well spotted Jean, on my 4A I have the battery clamp covered in a bit of old inner tube in the vicinity of the positive battery terminal.

Tim

The 100% solution to that is to fit a battery with the terminals to the rear. One of the first things I did to my TR6 and Eric has one from the day it was back on the road.

Then pm me your contact details.

Why not post it here? From previous comments you obviously rate the car so I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear more details on it. It's obviously had a bucket full of work done to it so makes for interesting reading.

Why not post it here? From previous comments you obviously rate the car so I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear more details on it. It's obviously had a bucket full of work done to it so makes for interesting reading.

You may think so? it is private info.

I was just posting because it seems an interesting car. It's had lots of mods, it has generated a bit of interest, mostly positive. This forum is about TR's and I was interested to know a bit more about the car. Idle curiosity perhaps, but most of the interesting discussions I've had with people about classic cars have led on from idle curiosity. I know someone looking a nice TR6 if he sells his Mondial so it sparked some interest.

You seemed to know the car so I suggested you post some information here.

However, that obviously seems to be too much trouble and you'd rather keep it to yourself. That's fine. It's been a long day at work and I can't be bothered.

Jeez. Sometimes things are just hard work for no good reason.

carpets are a bit dirty..... :rolleyes: .... can you throw in some new ones for that price.... :)

.....and... sorry if this is a stupid question.... what is that black square thing next to the battery.. passenger side...??

Catch tank

to catch what....?