A bit more progress put allpanels and doors on the tub just to make sure I was still in the same field and then removed them all !!. Brakes all up and working only leak was on the resivoir but a extra tweek sorted it the hand brake on these cars very strange but  all sorted now .Think I will rig up a temporary setup and run the engine before I go any further. Can any one tell me what A.H battery I should use cheers brian.PXL_20240310_185727583.thumb.jpg.8153acac1f576c7a17f8ad2d0040c8d1.jpg

PXL_20240310_185748819.jpg

Here is my battery and positive earth connection, I have some insulation tape on the battery clamp beside the negative terminal just to be safe. I sourced the battery from EuroCarParts when they had a special offer. I've used Tayna batteries for other batteries more recently and found them to be a good supplier.

DSC03364a.jpg

Lincon Batteries supplied me with a positive earth connection at the rear of the battery so that it was never near the bonnet. I will look out the original invoice tomorrow and I will put the contact details here .

It has been an excellent unit and is bigger than the one they recommend for the TR3A. 

Richard & B

I have just found the invoice from the supplier

• Lincon Batteries Ltd
  • 25/26 Faraday Road
  • Leigh on Sea
  • Essex SS9 5JU
  • 01702 525537

The reference is Hard Rubber battery 242/13. The acid was sent in a separate container.  This fits very well in the TR3 and has given me no problems. I found the invoice and was surprised to see that the date was 10/06/2014. This is nearly 10 years old and is made by a quality company. I hope that all parts that I need  will be the same quality.

Good luck Richard & B

21 minutes ago, Richardtr3a said:

The acid was sent in a separate container.

They can't send the acid like that any more because of recent legislation.  Now batteries are either sent ready-filled or else you have to get it filled locally - depends on the supplier.    

Thanks for the message. I have contacted Lincon and they are still sending batteries and acid. The new regulations now limit the acid to be sent to a limited company such as the local garage . It is best if it is a Ltd Co. so that the acid can be delivered safely to a genuine buyer and not for use by criminals causing injuries.

Good luck Richard & B

My current battery is Halford's HB096, which I purchased in 2015.  Still holds its charge very well even if unused for a month, and spins the (geared) starter motor rapidly.

It is cheaper than the HB068, with greater CCA and Ah.  I'm on negative earth and have the terminals at the rear, next to the bulkhead, but within a plastic battery box.

Halford's will have an equivalent with terminals the other way about, but the HB096 would suit positive earth with terminals towards the front.

Ian Cornish

48 minutes ago, Brian birchall said:

Thanks all for your help will let you know what I decide on fuel tank fitting next going for a s.u pump up front in engine bay.

Then make sure you fit a collision switch to go with the pump.

Stuart.

Yes thanks for the reminder it's on my list Stuart would have liked it under the car were it would be less obvious still still time to change my mind

55 minutes ago, Brian birchall said:

Yes thanks for the reminder it's on my list Stuart would have liked it under the car were it would be less obvious still still time to change my mind

Nope...the certainty is an inertia triggered (and they all are, otherwise they can't trigger in an accident) collision switch or fuel cut off WILL be activated at some time in the first 12 months...driving over a kerb...entering or leaving a ferry to quay,...driving over a frozen ridge in the road...hitting a pot hole even !  You will need easy access to be able to reset the fuel cut off.

Secured vertically to the wing or better the firewall of the engine compartment allows you to lift the bonnet and press the reset, if you want to fit it elsewhere just make sure access is good...you'll thank me. 

Brian you need to infil your member profile information, we don't know whether you are in the UK, Malta or Singapore ! why so shy. We don't need complete address just a postcode will do, check out my profile, just click on my Avatar.   

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

My friend just delivered his engine block, looks very similar to your Silverstone Grey car.

IMG_5653.jpeg

IMG_2409.jpeg

IMG_2408.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
5 hours ago, Brian birchall said:

Thanks all for your help will let you know what I decide on fuel tank fitting next going for a s.u pump up front in engine bay.

Which SU pump?  
I had always thought AUA66 from Morris Minor was the only sucker type pump that SU made.   All others, like those fitted to MG are almost gravity fed and push fuel.

I could be wrong of course as it has been some years since I sold a SU fuel pump and the product range has developed.

You might be wise to ask Burlen before buying and fitting 

https://sucarb.co.uk/technical/category/fuel-pumps

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

The su pump is AZX 1307 as far as I can see it can lift up to 18" inches and is duel polarity it was with the car and nearly new so I thought I would use it again. Brian

On 3/10/2024 at 8:31 PM, Brian birchall said:

I'm sticking with positive earth are there any batteries to suit this or is it just a case of turning it around

Use an 069….. that has the terminals the other way around.