? regarding silverstone Mag wheels.

IMG_3314.thumb.JPG.df2a15027dc0c1e03d25548e4ebad4f1.JPGIMG_3318.thumb.JPG.71fbb431a3a99e28ae9461234524d552.JPGIMG_3319.thumb.JPG.05be8abee3aaaa5720a1881d9e0dd95f.JPGIMG_3320.thumb.JPG.371d90045ad590e5a66e59bbde0ee8c1.JPG

33 minutes ago, pfenlon said:

Will the normal TR chrome spinners used on wires fit the Silverstone racing mag wheels?

Fingers crossed.

No theyre a bigger size, you need a Nokoff spinner like this.

Stuart.

6 hours ago, stuart said:

IMG_3314.thumb.JPG.df2a15027dc0c1e03d25548e4ebad4f1.JPGIMG_3318.thumb.JPG.71fbb431a3a99e28ae9461234524d552.JPGIMG_3319.thumb.JPG.05be8abee3aaaa5720a1881d9e0dd95f.JPGIMG_3320.thumb.JPG.371d90045ad590e5a66e59bbde0ee8c1.JPG

No theyre a bigger size, you need a Nokoff spinner like this.

Stuart.

How big are they compared to Jaguar/Rover2000 spinners?

13 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

How big are they compared to Jaguar/Rover2000 spinners?

The spinner is about the same size as a TR one but the thread is huge as you can see from the pictures, theyre also Mazak so tend to not be in very good condition now and The guy I sold that set too is still struggling trying to find someone who could safely re-plate.

Stuart.

2 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Take patterns and recast in brass?

Sold years ago Im afraid, theyre stock pictures from my archives. They are sometimes available in the US and there are new ones available now but theyre not threaded as they have a fixing bolt through.

Stuart.

1 minute ago, Lebro said:

I'm surprised Mazak would be strong enough.

Bob

Theyre only decorative, the wheels they fit are bolt on.

Stuart.

If it’s for decoration only then maybe a standard 52mm spinner (Jag I think) could be modified to fit.

What diameter is the thread on the Nokof?

32 minutes ago, Charlie D said:

If it’s for decoration only then maybe a standard 52mm spinner (Jag I think) could be modified to fit.

What diameter is the thread on the Nokof?

Its 75mm and 10TPI but they are also handed Left and right thread.

Stuart.

Why bother - only increases unsprung weight, which alloys should be reducing.

I have been running successive TRs without hubcaps and now spinners (on alloys) for some 60 years.

Ian Cornish

8 minutes ago, ianc said:

Why bother - only increases unsprung weight, which alloys should be reducing.

I have been running successive TRs without hubcaps and now spinners (on alloys) for some 60 years.

Ian Cornish

4 Of them only weigh about half a pound so I very much doubt that they would make any difference.

Stuart.

If dummy knock on spinners are your thing, then why not go the whole way and fit a dummy supercharger.

(With a choice of 21 different engine noises that can be matched to your engine RPM)

https://www.streetmusclemag.com/news/video-we-dare-you-not-to-laugh-at-this-fake-supercharger-system/