Pheonix sports exhaust

Fellow forumites now on my second Pheonix sports exhaust back box. My first after a coupe or years and trips to Lemans stated to sound whistley on acceleration. So spoke with Pheonix and the sent me a replacement at cost as the warranty had run out. The second has only done around 1000 miles and this one is starting to sound the same.

has anyone else had issues, is it worth another go or is there a better alternative 

regards Clarkey

The mild steel twin pipe system originally sold by SAH then Triumph Tune had silencers made by Servais.   They would whistle after  a year or so if they had been grounded.   The inner baffles were knocked loose, then the outer skin would crack and split.    

The Phoenix sports is a single cross box system so who knows what is going on inside them.   Ask Phoenix, they seem a very approachable company 

2 hours ago, Clarkey said:

Fellow forumites now on my second Pheonix sports exhaust back box. My first after a coupe or years and trips to Lemans stated to sound whistley on acceleration. So spoke with Pheonix and the sent me a replacement at cost as the warranty had run out. The second has only done around 1000 miles and this one is starting to sound the same.

has anyone else had issues, is it worth another go or is there a better alternative 

regards Clarkey

Have you considered fitting another manufacturers box.   My pipes and manifold are Phoenix  but the box is not.

Roger

I had a local company that makes motorcycle silencers repack my Pheonix standard across the car silencer. It had become noisy after a decade of use but once repacked it is as good as new.

George 

Thanks all 

Roger what box did you go for ? 

I fitted a Phoenix system with transverse backbox to my '6 over 15 years ago. To start with, it was quiet with a sporty sound. Within the first 1,000 miles it grew much louder, presumably as some of the packing was blown out. Years later, the sound hasn't changed much. It has never whistled or rattled. 

Nigel