Happy Birthday, Deggers

Me too ! Happy Birthday Deggers.

Mick Richards

Many thanks for the birthday wishes gents!

Took the day off yesterday, and spent some time catching up with a little maintenance on the 3A. New set of plugs, tyres, oil, wheels rebalanced, and a quick blast along the coast roads (despite the weather). Then out for dinner and drinks in the evening with friends.

A little soggy yesterday I’m afraid, Marco. But thank you for the kind words. :) Hopefully plenty more photo opportunities to come this year. 

But here’s a quick shot from warmer times, during a drive down to the River Dart in south Devon.

TR_a.thumb.jpg.f26d232d46601baee32c518bb61d129a.jpg

Cheers,

Deggers

Happy Birthday Deggers. Your Cornish river looks dry compared with Sussex where it is raining daily and the footpaths are all very soft and the TR tucked away in the garage.

Best wishes Richard & B

6 hours ago, Deggers said:

Many thanks for the birthday wishes gents!

Took the day off yesterday, and spent some time catching up with a little maintenance on the 3A. New set of plugs, tyres, oil, wheels rebalanced, and a quick blast along the coast roads (despite the weather). Then out for dinner and drinks in the evening with friends.

A little soggy yesterday I’m afraid, Marco. But thank you for the kind words. :) Hopefully plenty more photo opportunities to come this year. 

But here’s a quick shot from warmer times, during a drive down to the River Dart in south Devon.

TR_a.thumb.jpg.f26d232d46601baee32c518bb61d129a.jpg

Cheers,

Deggers

Got rid of the cross plies then?;)

Stuart.

On 2/21/2024 at 1:43 PM, stuart said:

Got rid of the cross plies then?;)

Haha!

Actually, yes, I have!

I figured it was about time I finally tried some of those new fangled Radials everyone's been banging on about!  :D I've swapped out the old Excelsior 5.50x15s, for a set of Michelin X's.

Needless to say, the handling's improved somewhat! (I'm now able to drop anchors in the wet, without pirouetting into the scenery ... which is nice!)  ^_^

Have to say though, I am missing the 'period look' of the tall sidewalls. So I might do a bit of hunting for an alternative style next time round?

1 hour ago, Deggers said:

Haha!

Actually, yes, I have!

I figured it was about time I finally tried some of those new fangled Radials everyone's been banging on about!  :D I've swapped out the old Excelsior 5.50x15s, for a set of Michelin X's.

Needless to say, the handling's improved somewhat! (I'm now able to drop anchors in the wet, without pirouetting into the scenery ... which is nice!)  ^_^

Have to say though, I am missing the 'period look' of the tall sidewalls. So I might do a bit of hunting for an alternative style next time round?

Hmm Michelin X are a little unpredictable in the wet though as youve come from crossplies I suspect theyre still loads better.

Stuart.

2 hours ago, stuart said:

Hmm Michelin X are a little unpredictable in the wet . . .

I'd previously had a look at the 185/70 VR15 Michelin XWX's from Longstone.

But £360 a corner ??  :blink:

Always open to suggestions, if you have any preferences for a 3A, Stuart.

I really rate my vredestien sprint classic tyres 185/70x15 use used then first on my old Daimler sp250.

not sure how expensive they are now

16 hours ago, Deggers said:

I'd previously had a look at the 185/70 VR15 Michelin XWX's from Longstone.

But £360 a corner ??  :blink:

Always open to suggestions, if you have any preferences for a 3A, Stuart.

Ive found these are good and look the part too Retro classic

Stuart.

Some real life experience of the Blockleys.

I’ve done 1000s of miles on them on European Road rally’s in all sorts  of condition's, with no issues. I’ve also done some track days, one with Wayne in the pax seat at Goodwood and I think fair to say we were both thouroughly impressed with their ability on this quick track. Very sticky in the paddock after a good work out.

Iain

On 2/25/2024 at 5:30 PM, iain said:

I’ve done 1000s of miles on them on European Road rally’s in all sorts  of condition's, with no issues.

Thanks guys, and particularly for the first hand experience. Good to know.

Would you happen to have any shots of the Blockleys on the your 3A, Iain? I'd be interested to see if they fill the wheel arches like the original spec Excelsiors.

TR_cross1.thumb.jpg.379b536f6df3a4aa99472c7e0407105c.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

16 hours ago, Deggers said:

PS  -  Just a quick apology to everyone for the thread drift in this topic!! It's really not an attempt to stretch out my birthday celebrations ... honest!! 

:wub:

Good try! I’ll take some for you.

On 2/28/2024 at 3:06 PM, iain said:

Quite well ladened in this photo…..two week Rally.

Super useful, many thanks for that Iain! Great shot too!  

All the best.