Oil Filter - part number?

Happy New Year to all TR folks! 

TRoy, my 1970 TR6 has an oil cooler/spin on filter conversion. Does anybody have a part number for a 'long' filter for this application. I know i should just get the number off the filter that's currently in situ, but the number is in-accessible, without removing the unit- obviously this will be my last resort. I have 2 part numbers (from the web) - Unipart GFE 227- which (according to local motor factors)  just translates into the standard (BLMC)'Mini' filter, & Fram PH3600 which one of my local motoring shops (Motorists' centre, New Milton- excellent service, very helpful) had no reference to, and they're Fram dealers, & Fram FP 3600 which just cross references to another  'Mini' filter.  If anyone has the relevant part number, i would be most grateful!

Cheers,

Paul

Paul - there are hundreds of filters that would fit but I use either a Mann 713/9 or a K&N HP2009.

Cheers Darren

Paul, if you want a loooong filter, this post on Club Triumph forum has a table of Mann filters with dimensions for use with the spin-on (3/4" UNF) set up. The table suggests the longest is a Mann W 724/1 which it says is 76mm wide / 142mm high. Later on someone suggests an even bigger (non-Mann) 3/4" UNF filter for a Massey Ferguson tractor but maybe 0.5-litres of oil is overkill!

I use a Mann filter, but a very short one on my PI because of the proximity of the chassis in a Spitfire.

Cheers, Richard

I always use a genuine Unipart GFE 227 filter on mine, not easy found though.

Alan G

Morning chaps,, that's really useful information. Thank you all so much for your help on this matter. 

Cheers,

Paul