Triumph - Devin

They do turn up now and then, Devin made bodies for a few different cars of that era. Should be able to register it if it already has Italian reg though in this country you might end up with a Q plate. If it still has its original engine you might be able to through heritage find the original TR chassis number though no guarantees.

Stuart.

with my slight leaning towards GRP I have always admired these, I missed out on a previous one a good few years ago on a TR4 chassis but a lot of work.

It never ceases to amaze me that these fifties kits from america were offered with about 4 or 5 different wheel bases depending on the donor car but I've never been able to work out where the added/reduce sections were!

15 hours ago, Deggers said:

Bet it doesn't weigh much.  Very nice.   :)

Deggers

It doesnt weigh very much at all thats the problem, you get wheelspin soon as look at the throttle!

Stuart.

20 hours ago, Nigel C said:

I've never been able to work out where the added/reduce sections were!

It was the same with some of the UK kits in the 1950's

I think that the differences were in the door/sill sections. Made wider or shorter depending on the wheelbase needed.

You could probably get a 6 inch difference without upsetting the proportions too much.

8 hours ago, stuart said:

It doesnt weigh very much at all thats the problem, you get wheelspin soon as look at the throttle!

Fair point Stuart.  (Although . . . doughnuts for days!)  ^_^  

Speaking of glass fibre kits. Anyone remember the "Watford Cheetah"?

Found this advert in an old car magazine. £130, from your local Watford Sports Cars stockist (circa 1959). The US style wrap-around windscreen was a rear screen lifted from a standard production saloon car. A common swap at the time apparently.

2120476901_CheetahglassfibrekitA.thumb.jpg.9783541a5dff7634f2a16dffb0813c6d.jpg

Woodmans Yard seems to have vanished decades ago, according to Google. Long since buried under what is now the Waterfields shopping centre.

Deggers

Edited by Deggers

There is a company that produces 1950’s style bodies that has been around for a few years now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285155544707

The body in the advert states it is to fit a Spitfire chassis, but can also “Stretch to match Herald wheel base” ( £250 extra.)

I think they have produced one or two different designs over the years.

“Old number 7” is the actual company name.

Charlie.