At $85 a pop they want to work.  The selling spiel is convincing reality is another thing.   The fear of chewing or burning the synchro cone off the gear would be an issue if the things are really hard or the wrong angle.   Historically synchro cones were steel with a brass insert on many other car makes like Morris.

I have them in my car as i'm not very good at double declutching :)

Rick was already selling some last year, the website is new.   My mechanic told me that they seem very well built and they did fit perfectly.  I had to do a full rebuild of engine and gearbox, some teeth went missing on 3rd gear and the overdrive was in a really bad shape.  So far, 100 miles and every works well but i go easy as i have also new pistons, rings, sleeves, ....

all I can say is that Rick was helpful and friendly, shipping was spot on.  those synchros are expensive but I hope the gearbox will now last for ever and beyond....

will report back if i have any issue

cheers,

Laurent

3 hours ago, Lo100469 said:

I have them in my car as i'm not very good at double declutching :)

When I got my M-type I had no option. Not only does it have a 'crash' gearbox, the gate pattern is reversed compared to a TR. :wacko:

It's very satisfying when you get the changes right but rather noisy when you don't. :D

Edited by RobH
14 hours ago, Lebro said:

yes, but at £40 !

Bob

TBH the real killer will be the amount of postage on top :blink:

Stuart.

4 hours ago, Lo100469 said:

well not really, postage cost was 26 dollars....

Hmm, interesting, shipping to Canada is US$46 which is C$65.