Ground clearance

Having recently moved to new premises and driven my TR6 into my garage i noticed that the rear offside exhaust box is scraping the road surface, this is due to an incline on my garage

driveway, the exhaust system is of the individual back box type ie 2 backboxes. Looking at the problem it would be impossible to raise the back boxes due to the fact that the outlet pipes are already up against the lower rear valance. The only solution is to raise the body perhaps by increasing the rear spring height, normally not a problem with conventional adjustable telescopic dampeners.

Any advice on solutions appreciated.

So a 'wheel barrow' exhaust? 

If so going back to a standard style (stainless and performance are available) will gain you some more clearance without resorting to drastic measures such as trying to raise the body. 

Gareth

1 hour ago, martinjohn said:

Having recently moved to new premises and driven my TR6 into my garage i noticed that the rear offside exhaust box is scraping the road surface, this is due to an incline on my garage

driveway, the exhaust system is of the individual back box type ie 2 backboxes. Looking at the problem it would be impossible to raise the back boxes due to the fact that the outlet pipes are already up against the lower rear valance. The only solution is to raise the body perhaps by increasing the rear spring height, normally not a problem with conventional adjustable telescopic dampeners.

Any advice on solutions appreciated.

Any pictures of the car ? It could be that your existing rear road springs are tired, and slightly sagging, or, lowered and uprated ?

As would accelerating hard up the drive!!!!

Regards

Bill

Hi, having read your post it seems that (subject to pictures and measurements) the problem is not with your car but with the incline on your new drive particularly if you have not previously experienced regular grounding. There will always be occasions where these low slung cars potentially ground; ferries can be particularly challenging. If the car’s set up is otherwise fine, personally, I would be looking at whether the incline can be mitigated rather than tinkering with a happily set up car. 
Just a thought. 
Miles

Reverse into the drive.

Easiest fix is to fit the spring spacers. I have used some ali ones from Goodparts. You could try doubling up the poly ones to see if this fix works

Roy

Edited by roy53

My tr6 always slightly grounds on the anti roll bar brackets on the sharp ramp up to my garage.  The car is a little lower than standard, but i live with it as it doesnt seem to be doing any damage l

tim

On 9/25/2023 at 4:43 PM, mkmick said:

Maybe the level of your drive has dropped, if gravel or blocks it will be easier and cheaper to raise. 

Tyre pressure and contents of boot could also cause problems 

and passengers  :) Need to enter/exit my drive at a certain angle to the road for clearance, or my standard exhaust catches. If I have a passenger or extra stuff in the boot, it will catch