"Triumph sports owners association" (TSOA) - 1962 rally plaque : would like to make a replica or buy one

Dear all,

I would like to fit to my car a TSOA 1962 "Rally of Europe" plaque, as a similar car entered this rally...

I much doubt that there is one for sale somewhere, so i'm ready to make a replica of it.

Does anybody would be kind enough to send me a colour scan of it ?

The picture below shows the plaque. It comes from the book  "Triumph in America" by Micahel Cook (MBI publishing).

The author seems to have one... but book was printed in 2001 !

Many thks for any informations, advices etc.

François

Plaque Rallye TSOA 1962.jpg

I gave some thoughts on buying a really lovely and original „Sportwagengarage Paulinenstraße/Stuttgart“ (British sports cars) emblem.

But I did not buy it, because why should I give my TR (1992 from the USA) a history that does not exist?

Just my thoughts….

16 hours ago, Black Forest TR3A said:

Not from 1962, sorry, but perhaps it gives you a clue...

TSOA Rallye 1958.jpg

Thks ! In 1958 the colours were matching those on the TSOA badge. If it was the same in 1962, colours of the plaque should be shades of blue…

Edited by Francois HENOTTR3B
  • 4 months later...

I have a copy of the book :Triumph in America" by Michael Cook. The picture you show is in Black and White in the book. I am also the Archivist for The Vintage Triumph Register in the US. We have all the files from Mike Cook. I will check the files in the Archive and see if the original photo is in color. I will check next week as the files are stored a little ways from where I am located. 

Dean Tetterton

23 minutes ago, Dean said:

I have a copy of the book :Triumph in America" by Michael Cook. The picture you show is in Black and White in the book. I am also the Archivist for The Vintage Triumph Register in the US. We have all the files from Mike Cook. I will check the files in the Archive and see if the original photo is in color. I will check next week as the files are stored a little ways from where I am located. 

Dean Tetterton

This forum does not fail to amaze me.    Thanks Dean for your post.

11 hours ago, Dean said:

Dean Tetterton

Hi Dean, yes, I was delighted to read this book ! It’s very kind of you to check if you have a colour photo..

Is Mike Cook still with us?

Thks again

We lost Mike several years ago and he had already made arrangements for his collection of material to be left to The Vintage Triumph Register. We have about

30 four drawer file cabinets full of information. I know there is a folder for each of the years of the ralleys, 1957 through 1962. I will check to see if any have plaques

for the front of the car. We also have files of the material that was put in his book. I will look and see if the origional photo was in color. 

Dean

Please wait while image is uploading...
I sent you a message through the Forem  and tried to attach a photo. I don't think it went through. 
Please wait while image is uploading...
Edited by Dean
Tried a file below 100K
On 1/14/2024 at 11:15 PM, Dean said:

We lost Mike several years ago and he had already made arrangements for his collection of material to be left to The Vintage Triumph Register. We have about

30 four drawer file cabinets full of information. I know there is a folder for each of the years of the ralleys, 1957 through 1962. I will check to see if any have plaques

for the front of the car. We also have files of the material that was put in his book. I will look and see if the origional photo was in color. 

Dean

Dean, that’s great that all those memorabilias came on the VTR. Priceless archives

Now here is an interesting thing.

On completing the Triumph Europe rally in 1957 as the participants left London Airport the ladies were given a scarf and the men a muffler in colours that matched their Triumph car.

Anyone ever seen either the scarf or muffler?

Images of the 1959 American book page 122

IMG_2322.jpeg

IMG_2321.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
35 minutes ago, TwinCamJohn said:

Very unfortunate turn of phrase.

"That's the way to take Paris...by storm".

Only if you are a farmer....

• 2 weeks later...

"When the righteous TRiumph, there is great rejoicing"

Proverbs 28:12