International meetings

8 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

Excellent!  Been advocating joint meets with the Tribe of Triumph for years!

But before my involvement with the 2021 Malvern show was aborted, I found that several other Triumph clubs, Pre-War and 2000/2500, hadn't been invited or even knew about it!     I hope that as many other Triumph clubs will have the courtesy of an invitation for 2024!

I might even come along!    Perhaps a disguise would be a good idea?

Gorilla in disgusie.jpg

Nice photo John, what disguise were you considering? :P

Pete

On 8/14/2023 at 7:21 PM, DOG_MORGAN said:

What do you think about our weekend at the international my opinion it was very poor a waste of good money 

I’m sorry that you feel that way. It was certainly cut down and the weather didn’t cooperate, however the main reason I attended was to meet up with people and that was satisfied. The autojumble and Bring&Buy were great and MUST be a major part of future events. I was disappointed that the trade suppliers weren’t there but on reflection I understand why they weren’t and in any case if I want new bits I go on line. Finding bargains in the Bring&Buy or autojumble is FAR more satisfying!

The camping facilities were just as good as at Malvern (although I did avoid the cold showers!)

I wasn’t bothered by the potholes on the way in (but then I came in my TRuck), if you lived in Devon those weren’t potholes, just minor irregularities in the road surface! If you saw the size of the Flea market at the other end of the Showground you would understand why our entrance was separate.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend.

Ben

As a newbie to actually attending a TR event for the first time here is my thoughts

Thought the offroad entrance was awful living in Somerset I am use to potholes but was surprised at having to use the tradesmen entrance

Been to numerous none TR car shows with my previous car a TR3 with entry fees applied with more content felt the entry fee for what was taking place was overpriced but in defence of the planning committee putting any form of event has increased due rising costs such as insurance 

The Good Stuff

Trade stands excellent and my main reason to attend (had a parts list to improve my TR4A)

Good to meet "our main" suppliers shame a few were missing but enough suppliers to keep me happy

Wayne Scott as ever great presenter with excellent knowledge Wayne was excellent at Supercar Sunday at Sherborne Castle and again was engaging on Sunday

Concours Cars

Great to see them and a highlight of the show

Finally it was great to chat to fellow owners and I was able to ask questions about my car without appearing stupid 

To the committee well done overall its hard work pleasing all members but on balance a job well done

Long journey due to motorways being closed/slow there and back so the move back to Malvern will be easier to get to for me at least!

Yes the weather could have being better but there's never a guarantee on that front and might have put some people off. Overall I thought it was a good weekend and met lots of you lovely folk and still managed to miss lots more.

So thanks for all those who took the time out to organise the event for everyone. Its not and easy task having done some much small events over the years!   

Andy

My thoughts on the weekend:

Heavy traffic on the way, rain mostly on the Saturday... obviously nothing anyone could do about that (good to see next year in June as the increased holiday traffic was apparent).

The entrance road (track) was awful, pot holes and dusty.

Show felt subdued, no auto solo to watch or arena events Saturday. I did take advantage of the discount to visit the Haynes Museum on Saturday, it's very good. 

Saturday evening, enjoyed a BBQ with my local group, and we made the best of it with the rain. 

The MCC trials looked good, but I couldn't see the best of the action from the viewing area, but great idea to do it. 

The facilities seemed very good, I made the mistake of getting a first round of drinks in and incurred the cost of the plastic 'glass' on top of this drinks. 

Sunday I was able to enjoy the arena, and even got my '6 in there, also met the founders of the register, what a lovely couple. 

So my impression at the end of the weekend was the show was more than the sum of its parts. I came away despite a few negatives, having a really positive time. I've already booked somewhere to stay for next year's. 

Gareth

Suzanne made a comment and Rob H asked a question. 

With declared losses of 25% of members subscriptions. The simple answer to RobH is No to undertaking I guess and YES to mine if the event doesn’t get the support of the members. This apparently it not an answer anyone want to give.

There are escalating costs right across the board and were not the only club in this position. Clubs just can’t sustain these sort of losses and remain in existence, it’ll be foolish to think otherwise and the MT would be amiss not doing something to prevent it. 

Shows need foot fall to keep costs down, if we are to run big events, The Register have been promoting a single event for years within our other Triumph Marquee clubs one good one. This is the time for all classic car marquee’s to come together. It reduces individual club costs, individuals members cost and traders cost too and helps traders plan when offering support.

So if Mick right and their constant learning does pay off, with the membership support let’s hope we won’t need to cancel events. I also guess it’s difficult referring to words like “scupper” in relation to other clubs when wishing to work with them. I’m looking forward to the 2024 event 

Edited by Misfit