I'd like to add my thanks to Niall for tidying up the arrangements and bringing the sticky labels - I assume it was Niall.

However, I there a reason why we couldn't have a forum meet up start at say 1pm on the Saturday next time and then participants could decide whether they wanted to spend the rest of the afternoon chatting or go back out and get involved in the other activities.

Rgds Ian

37 minutes ago, Drewmotty said:

I’d change my “handle” to my name if I could do it without losing my previous history. Perhaps I should just go for it?

Is that because Drewmotty is an anagram of 'My TR towed' ?

38 minutes ago, Ian Vincent said:

I'd like to add my thanks to Niall for tidying up the arrangements and bringing the sticky labels - I assume it was Niall.

However, I there a reason why we couldn't have a forum meet up start at say 1pm on the Saturday next time and then participants could decide whether they wanted to spend the rest of the afternoon chatting or go back out and get involved in the other activities.

Rgds Ian

Ian

’Traditionally’ the Forum meet during my time in the Register has taken place mid/late afternoon on the Saturday. Niall and I (independently) proposed 4pm, hoping it would not clash with formal events and allowing people time to disperse for BBQ preparation and other evening entertainments.

As we did not yesterday canvass a fixed time for the Forum meet in future as I had threatened, what do people think about a 1:00pm Saturday meet next year as opposed to 4:00pm? Personally, as long as the first hour does not clash with anything formally organised, I am relaxed about 1:00pm if that is the preferred time. If we can reach some sort of consensus, we might also get the time and place published in next years programme!

Miles

19 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Shame Stuart didn't make it

Bob

He was there, but no photographic evidence! The spanners (as in dogs) looked to be a bit of a handful. I failed to have a chat with him too!

10 hours ago, Lebro said:

Shame Stuart didn't make it

Bob

He came to the forum meet for a while and sat with us in the marquee while it was raining but had disappeared by the time of the photoshoot. Nigel Adshead was also at the forum meet and took the above photos, so again he is not in this set of photos. Other photos were taken so perhaps they will get posted here later.

Edited by SuzanneH

There were a number of forumites I did not get to chat to, Mick Richards for one (sorry Mick) I did chat to Stuart the day before though.

Anyway a good turn out, & thanks to Miles, & Niall for sorting us out.

& I completely failed to recognise Paul Hogan when I was chatting to him (perhaps his label had fallen off ?) Stupid, because I helped him load his TR3S onto a trailer at our mutual friends house a few years ago (Ian B.B.).

Bob

P.S. From the photo I can see a label now !

Edited by Lebro

I was there for a while but left when it heaved it down with rain and everyone moved inside the bar, I had a stall to run so couldnt get out and about much.

Stuart.

I too missed a few. I was looking out for Hogie but didn’t spot him even though he’s clearly in the photo. I spotted Bob Lebroc and Roger H among others but somehow missed even a passing hello. Apologies all round. Catch you all next year with hopefully a bit more time before the bbq preparations beckon.