This TR250 looks like a good buy

1 hour ago, Gary F said:

Yes, a Bargain for someone at just over £20K, the interior looks to be part TR4 (Seats?) and it seems to be sitting high on the springs, especially at the rear?

The Hood fit is one of the best I've seen though.

Gary 

TR4 seats, speedo and tacho. TR7 handbrake lever ? Pedal box (clutch and brake pedals look wrong to me also). ?

Edited by TRTOM2498PI

Pretty good job considering Chinese front valance, repro sills, wrong alternator, wiper motor, pitted tail lights and the above mentioned flaws. Glad to see it has a brass/copper radiator and original steering wheel, if sans padded spoke cover. Too bad the O/D was swiped along the way. Positive camber is standard when fitting new rear springs and has to be compensated with bracket manipulation, plenty of permutations there. Poor diligence on the interior; lags the quality of the bodywork.

Not sure why anyone would modify a TR250 to RHD ( no RHD were built, right? ) and not convert the engine to CP spec on triple Webers. Pretty easy to do " while you're in there ".

58 minutes ago, Tom Fremont said:

Pretty good job considering Chinese front valance, repro sills, wrong alternator, wiper motor, pitted tail lights and the above mentioned flaws. Glad to see it has a brass/copper radiator and original steering wheel, if sans padded spoke cover. Too bad the O/D was swiped along the way. Positive camber is standard when fitting new rear springs and has to be compensated with bracket manipulation, plenty of permutations there. Poor diligence on the interior; lags the quality of the bodywork.

Not sure why anyone would modify a TR250 to RHD ( no RHD were built, right? ) and not convert the engine to CP spec on triple Webers. Pretty easy to do " while you're in there ".

You mean like this Tom 

Stuart

IMG_5493.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Tom Fremont said:

That's a TR6 Stuart ^_^

But yes, along those lines.

No its not Tom its a 250 with a late 6 wheel arch. Its sitting here in my shop now.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
2 hours ago, stuart said:

No its not Tom its a 250 with a late 6 wheel arch. Its sitting here in my shop now.

Stuart.

I might have known better - that possibility dawned on me but didn't win out.

So with that deep full length arch nice 30mm trumpets + 3" long+ filters could be employed. I've had to modify my originals to enable them but only a trained eye would notice. Richard Good even supplies an airbox for the triple DCOEs where the full notch is present. Wish I could buy one for the short notch...

15 hours ago, Tom Fremont said:

I might have known better - that possibility dawned on me but didn't win out.

So with that deep full length arch nice 30mm trumpets + 3" long+ filters could be employed. I've had to modify my originals to enable them but only a trained eye would notice. Richard Good even supplies an airbox for the triple DCOEs where the full notch is present. Wish I could buy one for the short notch...

On Right hand drive the bigger filters would be against the servo unfortunately.

Stuart.

16 hours ago, David Arrowsmith said:

Same auction, sold for ca £19k (inc. prem.) perhaps this very genuine, older restoration TR4A was the better buy: https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5373/lot/641114 

Apart from the blocks of wood propping up the seat and the wiper motor.;)

Stuart.

8 minutes ago, stuart said:

Apart from the blocks of wood propping up the seat and the wiper motor.;)

Stuart.

I'm disappointed you point that out Stuart, at least the wood is pine and it's been treated ! so it's sustainable :lol: lol.

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey
5 hours ago, harrytr5 said:

Tom,

My mate made mine and it is shallow but, interestingly when on the rolling road it did not like the cover off. These are Heritage throttle bodies with injectors built in and on EFI

20210111_135835.jpg

That's lovely Harry and the TRIUMPH font is just what I'd love to put on mine someday - embossed like the PI plenum if possible!

• 1 month later...