July 2023 Update

Dear RevingtonTR Community,

It has been a while since we did one of these and as there have been some profound changes in RevingtonTR we thought it time for an update.

As some of you may be aware, Dan Allen has embarked on a new chapter in his life outside of RevingtonTR.

Dan has been an integral part of our company for many years and will be missed, but we wish him every success in his new endeavours.

With Dan's departure the family have made the decision that, with both a heavy heart and a sense of pride, we announce that after an extraordinary journey spanning four decades, Neil and Sue have decided to embark on a new phase in their lives and will be winding down RevingtonTR parts department to facilitate semi retirement in 2024.

Neil and Sue's unwavering commitment, passion, and expertise have shaped RevingtonTR into the iconic worldwide business it is today. Their dedication to providing exceptional products, unrivalled customer service, and fostering a strong TR community has left an indelible mark on the world of classic cars.

Since it's humble beginnings in 1980, RevingtonTR has grown into a globally recognized name, and a trusted source for TR enthusiasts worldwide. Neil and Sue's relentless pursuit of excellence has established RevingtonTR as the go-to destination for TR parts, upgrades, and knowledge, ensuring that these iconic sports cars continue to thrive Worldwide for generations to come.

Beyond building a successful business, Neil and Sue have built lasting relationships with their customers, who have become part of the extended RevingtonTR family. Their warmth, kindness, and genuine love for TR's has made the RevingtonTR community a tight-knit and welcoming one.

As a result of this decision there will be a few changes in the way we operate, and we kindly ask for your patience and understanding as we navigate this transition. Rest assured, our team here is fully committed to maintaining the highest standards of customer service and delivering the products and expertise you rely on.

One notable change will be a gradual reduction in our product range. We will carefully review and streamline our offerings, focusing on the most essential and sought-after TR parts and accessories.  This will allow us to better manage our inventory and ensure availability of the items you need whilst the parts department is gradually phased out.  We will then endeavour to provide alternatives if available.

The thriving workshop operation is set to continue unchanged. 

On behalf of the entire RevingtonTR team, we extend our heartfelt thanks for your continued trust and support. Together, we will navigate this exciting chapter in the history of RevingtonTR and create a legacy that honours the remarkable journey of Neil and Sue.

With sincere appreciation,

The Revington TR Team

You are receiving this email because you have requested further information from Revington TR.

Telephone: +44 1823 698437
Email: info@revingtontr.com
Web: www.revingtontr.com

Unsubscribe

Revington TR
Thorngrove Barns
Middlezoy
Somerset
TA7 0PD
UK

Yes, received the email from them this afternoon, selfishly this will be disappointing for owners but understandable in the bigger picture.

I’d better order stuff I need before the big wind-down!

………. Andy

I’ve had that email if it’s a marketing tool it’s worked as I’ve just ordered a part I’ve been thinking about for months

On 7/29/2023 at 10:16 AM, Hamish said:

I’ve had that email if it’s a marketing tool it’s worked as I’ve just ordered a part I’ve been thinking about for months

Don’t think it is a marketing tool Hamish. Rather sad & worrying if it means we may have to suffer an increase of cheap & nasty parts if Revington no longer will supply what we might require.

it was tongue in cheek. 

hopefully he will sell the stock he doesn’t want to sell to someone who can sell it as well as the designs and suppliers that way his quality can go on. 

after all it won’t be in competition .

Bought a few quality bits an pieces over the last few years and have to agree there offerings were the best.

Shame the parts dept is going am I correct in reading the up graded parts are going as well? Hopefully someone will take any excess stock and make a go of it. It would be a shame to loose the acquired knowledge along with the manufacturing sources.

Hope Neil and Sue have a good retirement.

Andy

On 7/28/2023 at 7:23 PM, RobH said:

Indeed. Just placed an order!

As did my brother.
RTR8155
They did not have the item in stock so I will be making them for him.

Brass adaptor for temperature bulb to go in thermostat housing.

12 hours ago, ntc said:

I would question that? Neil and the team know far more than anybody and I have never had any problems with them at all 

Hhmmm not sure what you mean . 

i am fully aware of what Revington TR has done for the Marque from the early ‘70. I race in the club championship that he has generously sponsored for years.

i never suggested a problem with them. 

it is a sad day when a family business has to move on and evolve by reducing their business model. 

i have bought from them. I have placed orders on this announcement as I fear we will lose some great quality and innovative parts and packages. And hopefully I will again in the future. 

Hi Folks,

life goes on and people must do what  they believe is right for them.  The  fact that Neil has sold some good stuff and manufactured some very good stuff is not the end of the world.

However don;t forget the SDF.  They have the ability to produce anything/most things.   It  just needs the suggestion/inspiration.

Also we have the PQI (which is woefully under used) to follow up poor quality  and perhaps improve what is out there.

Roger