TR2 concept resurrection via BMW

Or as also listed here   I referred to a BMW i3 in this earlier forum post  The i3 is a separate body / chassis car whose motor, batteries etc were also the basis for the Mini electric.  You can get a hint of the i3's construction methods in this 8 year old YouTube video, though its quite long to watch or this quicker review of the i3S version.

Edited by PaulAnderson

The media outlets were a but slow after we had broken the story here:

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/article/2023/07/0318/New-concept-car-revives-Triumph-TR-brand 

Do please share your club's articles - the world is talking about TRs again so it helps us spread the word of our small involvement as a club in the marque's story. 

I remember back in 2014 Car Magazine carrying a feature on the BMW Mini Superleggera  which it was hoped would challenge the MX5. Beautiful looking concept car but never got the final OK into production. Wouldn't it be terrific if this TR actually goes one step further

David

Blinking hideous! Thats an exercise only surely?  Note I did not say styling exercise!  Having said that judging by some of the current range (excuse that pun) of BMW's it looks like their styling department must have been on strike a lot longer than all the strikes in the UK.

Alan G

19 hours ago, cp25616 said:

Blinking hideous! Thats an exercise only surely?  Note I did not say styling exercise!  Having said that judging by some of the current range (excuse that pun) of BMW's it looks like their styling department must have been on strike a lot longer than all the strikes in the UK.

Alan G

They've certainly been on something!

Pete