Silverstone next Weekend.

I shall be there both days - the car is going to be in some sort of display, but I know not what as have not had details.

As notĀ far from Thame, shall be driving to & from both days.

Ian Cornish

Iā€™ll be leaving Ireland on Thursday morning at around 8am traveling with Irish Ferries will be withĀ 7 others and were staying overnight in Wales and hopefully will be at Silverstone for 3pm,Camping is the hardship for the Weekend but hopefully it will be a well attended event with good weather and plenty of Craic,Cheers see ye there.

1 hour ago, TR NIALL said:

Iā€™ll be leaving Ireland on Thursday morning at around 8am traveling with Irish Ferries will be withĀ 7 others and were staying overnight in Wales and hopefully will be at Silverstone for 3pm,Camping is the hardship for the Weekend but hopefully it will be a well attended event with good weather and plenty of Craic,Cheers see ye there.

Hope the steering box change goes ok then Niall, ;) have a good oneĀ 

Stuart

4 minutes ago, stuart said:

Hope the steering box change goes ok then Niall, ;) have a good oneĀ 

Stuart

We sheā€™s on the Breakdown Truck andĀ ready for the Ferry so hopefully the Steering Box arrives in Wales by Thursday.

IMG_2995.jpeg

The instructions which I have received from Lorraine Noble-Thompson, the MGCC's EC Director, state:

"The circuit will be open to receive youĀ from 15:00 hours on the Friday 9th, or from 8:00 am on the Saturday 10th, prior to the public arriving".

Ian Cornish

On 6/2/2023 at 3:22 PM, Mk2 Chopper said:

Yes, my wife and I will be there, staying off site.Ā 

Gareth

Scrub that, I have a lung infection! Did manage to get full refund. Hope everybody has a great time.Ā 

Gareth

Hi All, looking forward to the weekend!Ā 

Could I just flag that at midday both days, we have the Triumph TR at 70 celebration in the live arena commentated on by your's truly.Ā 

It would be great to show our MG friends how we can fill an arena full of TRs to celebrate our anniversary - so please do come in with your TR and join us. You never know , I might even interview you!!Ā 

https://www.mgtriumph100.co.uk/live-arenaĀ 

I am going just for the Day on Saturday,Ā  Rugby Club Centenary Ball on Saturday Night,Ā  I can't miss thatĀ  !!

See you on Saturday,Ā  hopefully get into the Arena too.

Conrad.

Wow!Ā  Ā Somebody had fun producing those exhaust pipes.

And fitting them must take ages and a number of people to align and fix in position.

Ian Cornish

On 6/9/2023 at 8:42 AM, ianc said:

Wow!Ā  Ā Somebody had fun producing those exhaust pipes.

And fitting them must take ages and a number of people to align and fix in position.

Ian Cornish

Nice to meet you on Saturday although it was brief asĀ I couldnā€™t stop for a Chat.

Iā€™m sure Rob had fun building the whole car,itā€™s all built from Scrap or Free Parts and itā€™s built on an FX4 Taxi ChassisĀ the power comes from 2 XJ6 Engine's coupled together and runs on Propane Gas itā€™s fully Road legal and was driven up from Oxford to Wales where it now resides.Ā 

IMG_3060.jpeg

IMG_3061.jpeg

IMG_3059.jpeg

IMG_3056.jpeg

IMG_3058.jpeg

Thats just mad Niall! I take it theyre injectors in each runner then?

Stuart.

1 hour ago, TR NIALL said:

Not sure what way it works thereā€™s a couple of Utube Videos of it in Build and Running.

Looking at your FB posts its run on propane so theyre just gas jets in the runners. Like a fork lift.

Stuart.

42 minutes ago, stuart said:

Looking at your FB posts its run on propane so theyre just gas jets in the runners. Like a fork lift.

Stuart.

And relies on a Vacuum Pump to suck the Gas in if I remember correctly.

Would be great to see this at Kop Hill in September - it would be in good company alongsideĀ other beasts with aero engines.

Ian Cornish