For those of you that use Hawk brake pads.

8 minutes ago, stuart said:

Cambridge Motor Sports have 15% off on their range of Hawk pads now. Hawk pads Enter code HAWK15 at checkout.

Stuart.

Which Hawk pads for fast road use with no squealing?

4 minutes ago, monty said:

Which Hawk pads for fast road use with no squealing?

These https://cambridgemotorsport.com/brake-pads/12695-hawk-hps-fast-road-brake-pads-triumph-tr3a-6.html

Stuart.

The cheaper price is in the Netherlands. The UK us an expensive market with only one distributor.

For me Hawk just got overly expensive so I tried Mintex 1144 pads and been just as happy with their performance. Slightly more bite when cold. Slightly earlier fade driving in the Alps but you wouldn't be unhappy with either. The significant difference is the price.

Mintex. Sounds like we will be back to the squealing topic again soon then!

2 hours ago, Andy Moltu said:

The cheaper price is in the Netherlands. The UK us an expensive market with only one distributor.

For me Hawk just got overly expensive so I tried Mintex 1144 pads and been just as happy with their performance. Slightly more bite when cold. Slightly earlier fade driving in the Alps but you wouldn't be unhappy with either. The significant difference is the price.

Agreed but I found significantly more brake dust, faster wear and the occasional squeal with 1144s so I’ve reverted to Hawk HPS. 

Edited by peejay4A
20 hours ago, stuart said:

These are great pads & I use them myself, I haven't been able to eliminate the squealing though, perhaps it's better with solid discs, mine are drilled & grooved. The squeal was much worse with Mintex 1144 though, I gave up on those.

I resolved 90% of my squeeling with mintex. I used some 3M self adhesive rubber backing on the pad which worked really well. 

Cheers 

Tim

I fitted Hawk HPS in lieu of going with a brake servo and have been very impressed with their performance, a good investment! 

David 

I wasn't being critical of Hawk pads, just the rip off price when there is a single supplier/distributor in the UK. Used them for years but was shocked how their prices had climbed compared to comparable Mintex products.

The pads size is common to many contemporary Fords and others so clearly not a niche market in classic terms.

So why the high cost of the pads compared with other European countries? AFIK they are made in the States so wholesale price to both is likely to be similar?

2 hours ago, Andy Moltu said:

I wasn't being critical of Hawk pads, just the rip off price when there is a single supplier/distributor in the UK. Used them for years but was shocked how their prices had climbed compared to comparable Mintex products.

The pads size is common to many contemporary Fords and others so clearly not a niche market in classic terms.

So why the high cost of the pads compared with other European countries? AFIK they are made in the States so wholesale price to both is likely to be similar?

Re-Assuringly expensive ;):lol:

Stuart.