Hi Folks,

Back in the 90's I bought (what the salesman said) was a very nice sheep skin coat.

I questioned the very large size and he said that came at no extra cost and allowed room to move

The leather was nice and soft, and I grew into it.

About 5 years ago the leather started to fail in high wear/bend area.  No problem I can sort that and I don't even need an angle grinder.

The end result looked like a war ravaged spitfire pilots costume.

The next problem was the woolly cuffs.  Rather grubby AND thread bare. So I started a search on Ebay for sheep skin.  I was surprised to find nothing that fitted the bill.

I ordered some but it was more like white Brillo pad.

Anyway I was at Dunelm the other day and notice a pile of genuine sheep skin and not too expensive. But. the woolly stuff was a touch too long.

At the bottom of the pile was just what I wanted. Short hair, warm and soft and big enough to do a shop full of jackets.

At the check out I engaged the young lady in small talk about the rarity of Faux and where did they live. Straight over the top of her head.

Sometime this winter I need to get to grips with these cuffs.

Roger

2 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Folks,

Back in the 90's I bought (what the salesman said) was a very nice sheep skin coat.

I questioned the very large size and he said that came at no extra cost and allowed room to move

The leather was nice and soft, and I grew into it.

About 5 years ago the leather started to fail in high wear/bend area.  No problem I can sort that and I don't even need an angle grinder.

The end result looked like a war ravaged spitfire pilots costume.

The next problem was the woolly cuffs.  Rather grubby AND thread bare. So I started a search on Ebay for sheep skin.  I was surprised to find nothing that fitted the bill.

I ordered some but it was more like white Brillo pad.

Anyway I was at Dunelm the other day and notice a pile of genuine sheep skin and not too expensive. But. the woolly stuff was a touch too long.

At the bottom of the pile was just what I wanted. Short hair, warm and soft and big enough to do a shop full of jackets.

At the check out I engaged the young lady in small talk about the rarity of Faux and where did they live. Straight over the top of her head.

Sometime this winter I need to get to grips with these cuffs.

Roger

I was always told as a teenager that it was important to make sure the coller and cuffs match! :rolleyes:

i will get my coat….

1 hour ago, Bleednipple said:

I think at this point a photo is obligatory. With the hat, obvs.

Nigel

Wrong hat though…..!

ED35F38D-ECE3-4B91-B340-E86D04C57DCB.jpeg

Attractive woodland scene, but what's the creature living therein?

Jacket is very smart - and looks very snug.

I'm intrigued by the hat - cannot decipher the logo.

Ian Cornish

Hmm looks like a load of small snowdrops to me with one large, make that XL, snowdrop at the front!   LOL

Great pic Roger and well done.

Alan G

7 hours ago, cp25616 said:

Hmm looks like a load of small snowdrops to me with one large, make that XL, snowdrop at the front!   LOL

I have a feeling that's at Welford Park, near Newbury. Am I right Roger and Suzanne?

Nigel