End of the Sprint and Hilclimb season

The year's competition came to an end with an excellent day at Castle Combe. It's been a great season over all with 36 competitors, a good national calendar and record attendance at some meetings. looking around it seems to me that we are one of the largest (if not the largest) one-make championships in National Hillclimbing. Next year we will be doing much the same but also running four events in Scotland as well.

We also seem to be growing in numbers and several new people have already expressed an interest in joining us next year.  Anyone else interested - I can be contacted through the web site and I'm more than happy to chat.  Come and have a go and use your TR for something more than going down to the pub!!

So for this year's results:

1st Overall: Len Olds

2nd Overall: Hamish Roscoe

3rd Overall: Jim Giddings

Class 2:

1st Chris Smith

2nd Larry Jeram-Croft

3rd Howard Holdcroft

Class 3:

1st Nick Smith

Best lady: Elizabeth Wakefield.

Best competitor under 30: James Small

241751109_988751208368921_8462560657389016951_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well it’s official after awards evening last night my 2nd over all in championship confirmed  but may be more impressive the fastest 0-64ft time for all championship competitors at all championship round venues. 
2.29sec

3DACBF84-B8BC-432F-8314-2FF4EFC583CD.jpeg

1 hour ago, brenda said:

Well done Hamish,   And well to all the other lads and ladies that take part. 
will you be doing the Doune Historic Hillclimb we’re booked on for a long weekend.

Mike Redrose Group 

Thanks Mike 

seriously considering it. If dogs can attend. Hopefully they can be allowed for the show event even tho motorsport as well. 

On 11/20/2022 at 2:31 PM, Hamish said:

Thanks Mike 

seriously considering it. If dogs can attend. Hopefully they can be allowed for the show event even tho motorsport as well. 

Hello Hamish,

Canines are indeed allowed in the Club display area where the TR Register shall have our stand for the TR Register Scottish weekend, but obviously the Paddock and Hillclimb areas are off limits. Entries for the TRRSW as a whole are coming in at a steady rate, with six TRs currently intending to take up the challenge of the Doune Hillclimb. Of these six, two are competing in the Doune Saltire Trophy on the Saturday and the Hillclimb on the Sunday.

If anyone would like information regarding the TRRSW please drop me a note and I can send the bulletins regarding the event.

Cheers,

Cliff

TRRSW Programme.docx

• 2 weeks later...

Unable to attend the Classic Marques awards dinner (seeing my mum) I popped over to Knutsford to see other competitors  today who collected the trophies for me. A chilly but bright December day great fun in the TR3a even though not fitted the new heater yet !!

new engine has been a great addition to my suspension set up. 

and wow what trophies they are - big silver ones. 
Winner Triumph class 

and

Best newcomer. 

together with TRR CHAMPS 2nd overall and greased weasel a wonderful season. 

I would encourage anyone with a triumph to join the TRR Champs. And give it a go.

E03C9EB2-EC64-42FD-A6B3-F008ABD18510.jpeg

9BC1A40D-1507-4E7E-8487-297B8B4AF28E.jpeg

2B5FBF8C-FD32-4B64-B146-3D2403480328.jpeg

Edited by Hamish

Congratulations!  Your youtube videos are a great way for us on this side of the pond to follow along (I tired to put a thumbs up here but the site wont allow it…:/ )

• 2 weeks later...